- Following up on the previous
update, today PlayStation 3 developers sguerrini97
) have made available (via Chipwelt
) a PS3 RSoD Fix PKG for all Custom Firmware (CFWs) with details below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
To quote, roughly translated: PS3 homebrew developers sguerrini97 and ripl[a.k.a.haxxxen] have made available a new PS3 RSoD (Red Screen of Death) fix for all CFW.
Steps from XMB:
- The actual RSoD fix occurs by the VTRM area on flash being rewritten.
- The ability to do this is already built into the firmware, it just needs to be called.
- The "RSoD Fix all" PKG is for RSoD Bypass CFW, CEX and DEX 3.55 until CFW 4.65, not with the CFW 9.99 DG PUPs
1) Install the RSoD Bypass patched PUP so that you can boot.
2) Install the rsod fix all.pkg package, and run it from XMB
3) Run rsodfix. (Blackscreen, tripple beep and Reboot PS3 new)