132w ago - Hey, I'm back with a nice big update to PSN Download Manager 3.82!
In this release I looked back at feedback, such as Web browsing crashing the proxy etc and many more bugs detected / reported by GrandpaHomer who made sure I fixed everything, but without his feedback and contribution I wouldn't of had much of an update to release other than the P2P function with tracker support.
I'm going to film a nice new video for 3.82 as the current version displayed on YouTube is old and outdated by a mile, so when the PS Store is back online I'll film it and update this thread with it.
Today it finally dawned upon on me, that a huge amount of users come from countries which speak; Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Japanese etc and I though wouldn't it be nice, if the main interface was displayed in there natural language? so I implemented support for 10 languages including English, this applies to some messages and the main interface; the login / logout explains it's self and the options are pretty easy to guess, or so I assume
A big feature, available to our premium members is the new, P2P cloud structure aimed for those who find Sony's servers alone just can't reach speeds of over 10Mbps; this will use apache to transfer data between users, linked by a tracker which you...
133w ago - Just another few updates to PSN Download Manager, prior to recovery of the PlayStation Store. Today, I've released version 3.80 containing some of the following changes:
Added a premium membership option, which offers access to a huge feature called Turbo Servers and also removes the advertisement shown on startup.
Several minor changes to the code in attempt to patch errors for some users
Here is a quick guide to hosting your own Turbo Server:
Create a FTP or HTTP server using a relevant program like apache or filezilla,
1) Create a folder called DATA this will hold your shared files
2) Make sure to copy the exact file structure of your Downloads folder
3) For each file you want the clients to see, create a text document with the exact same filename, and add to the extension .ready (Include the word ready as text inside the file as well) | Example: 2782hsh7ggogpoyl.pkg would have a ready file of 2782hsh7ggogpoyl.pkg.ready
And then share your link to the rest of the world, who can now access them files from your server.
As for the clients to enjoy this feature, they just need to login as a premium member and add the server ip into there Servers.txt on a new line. (A small fee of £1.00 a month, to cover the cost of our...
1. Start Your PlayStation Console
2. Under Network Settings, Choose Custom.
3. When it asks for Proxy, set it to Use.
4. Enter your IP Address given by running Internal IP.bat
5. Enter the port as 27
6. Save the changes, start PSN DM.exe
Using the Application:
1. Start a download from the PSN
2. When it says "Please Wait" Press Circle
You'll notice it is now displayed in the Download Manager, once finished, proceed with the following to Transfer onto the PlayStation...
3. Go back and Download the Content / File again, it should transfer from the PC...
Snippet from change log:
• Improved download system, to prevent overwriting existing files / downloading wrong file.
• Uses a folder layout to resolve conflicts with same filenames but different file.
• Enhanced range of Playstation Content support, (A bug stopped the program from accepting all file formats, like...
174w ago - Update: PSN Download Manager / Booster is now available to download from HERE with the changes detailed HERE.
I have updated PSN Download Manager / Booster to version 3.41, the thread for v3.27 and older is HERE.
PlayStation Download Manager / Booster is an application designed to increase the download speeds of the PlayStation Network, it can install both free and paid content as long as you've paid for it.
In order to create a speed boost, it creates multiple segments which will draw data from the servers using multi-threading, this allows you to achieve the maximum speed of your line; unlike the PS3 which uses only 1 transfer.
Your PC can also be faster at downloading in general due to several factors, including it's connection method, processor speed, RAM and TCP Optimizations.