144w ago - Today the Killzone 3 PS3 patch v1.04 update has gone live via PSN, which includes several bug fixes detailed below courtesy of Guerrilla Games alongside some new features for PlayStation 3 gamers to take advantage of.
To quote: CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY
• Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
• Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
• Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
• Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
• Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
• Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
• Performance - Improvements to party creation server load
• Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
• Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
• Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
• Menu - Single click squad...
222w ago - Today SKFU has shared a bug he found in PS3 Firmware 2.8 (although he said it should be present since 2.0 through 3.0) that allows you to dump random data from the PlayStation 3 HDD and RAM.
To quote: There's a little "bug" in the PlayStation3's NAT test which causes that you can dump random data from the HDD and RAM. Why exactly this appears; I don't know, yet. But well, it is interesting.
The way how to do it is pretty simple. Set up Wireshark on the PC and activate ICS (Internet Connection Sharing).
Connect the PS3 with the PC via LAN and start Wireshark's logging/sniffing feature on the LAN device. Now go to Settings on the PS3 and start a Internet Connection Test in the Network option.
When the PS3 starts the NAT testing it will send default STUN packets together with several IP Fragments. Those both packet types will contain random data which the PS3 grabs from the HDD and/or RAM. There you go.
258w ago - There are many people that are new to PAIN and its various expansion packs. The "Abusement Park" add-on is corrupted for anyone that downloads it right now.
Many are blaming the recent 2.53 patch, which adds a free character and YouTube support to the game.
"If you did not have the Abusement park addon downloaded from PSN prior to the update the level is destroyed and unusable, Items fall through the landscape the background image is blank white and the level is unusable."
A quick look at this thread shows a lynch mob asking for Idol Minds' head.
Direct-feed video of the glitch shows how the game is rendered unplayable... because nothing gets rendered! Unfortunately, this glitch doesn't appear to be affecting a small group of people.
Once again, this being the holiday season, it seems unlikely that affected individuals will get a patch in the immediate future.