94w ago - Sony Senior Social Media Specialist Sid Shuman has unveiled nine tips and tricks for next-generation handheld gamers below today!
To quote: If you've picked up PS Vita then you've probably been too busy plowing through the dense launch line-up to have spent much time browsing the Settings menu.
Luckily, you don't need to - we've spent plenty of time with PlayStation's new crown jewel and we've put together a few favorite tips and tricks we wanted to share. Of course, this is just a start: We want your tips, too!
If you've discovered any favorite PS Vita functions, please share them in the comments for all to enjoy this weekend.
1. Order in the court! By now, you've probably figured out how to move your game and app bubbles around the Home Menu by pressing and holding one using the front touchscreen, enabling you to drag it around into different frame.
You can even change the background color or image by tapping the theme icon in the bottom right of each frame. Get creative and design your own background images (which you can transfer to your PS Vita via PS3) like James Gallagher from the EU PlayStation Blog did here.
2. Let there be light. You can adjust your PS Vita's OLED screen brightness mid-game without the hassle of jumping...
94w ago - Sony Senior Producer Harvard Bonin has announced that the Starhawk PS3 Beta officially opens to US PSN users today and Europeans tomorrow, with some PlayStation 3 tips available below!
To quote: We're happy to announce (remind) everyone that the Starhawk Multiplayer Beta is open to ALL COMERS today, Tuesday, February 21st only on the PlayStation Network!
You don't have to "like" us on Facebook, you don't have to "accept a special offer" and you don't have to sign up for any service (that is, except for the PlayStation Network free service)! Everyone is welcome to join! Just check the PlayStation Store and prepare yourself for a good time!
In the coming weeks we'll be upgrading the Beta a ton. You can expect a new map, new vehicles, new weapons, 32-player max matches and more. Remember, this is still a beta, not a demo. We are actively finding and fixing problems – and we need your feedback!
The Starhawk Beta will not last forever. When we're done testing it will go "bye-bye"... and so I wrote a poem to illustrate my point...
The Starhawk Serenade
If you don't try Starhawk you'll be sad,
While your friends are having fun you'll be mad,
It's such an easy download,
Your head may explode!
146w ago - Game Designer and Community Manager Arcade Berg at People Can Fly has announced today that Bulletstorm is now out on PS3, and he shared some tips to play like a pro in echoes!
To quote: Bulletstorm is out now on PS3! Its Echoes mode challenges you to complete levels using the most creative kills possible. Here's a head start to a high score!
Try and execute as many different Skillshots as possible on every single enemy. A lot of the Skillshots can be stacked with other ones. For example, you can get more skillpoints out of any enemy if he's on fire when you finish him off - this will give you +50sp for the "Afterburner" skillshot.
You could also do this while affected by Nom Juice, giving you another +50sp for the "Intoxicated" skillshot, and another +50sp if the enemy is also being affected by Puffball gas at the same time (the "Antidote" skillshot) - there are a ton of different possibilities. Experiment!
Every time you perform a new skillshot for the first time in an Echo, the skillpoints you earn for it will be multiplied x5. Execute as many different Skillshots as you possibly can to take advantage of this!
198w ago - To conclude their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series, Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared an 'Officer in Charge' video below.
To quote: After a three-week run, we've come to our final installment of our MAG Developer Tip series. To close it out Zipper's training, vehicle and environment designer Ben Jones walks us through the biggest responsibility in the game: being the OIC.
With all the great tips that have come from other Zippers over the week (particularly all of the leadership-oriented bits that have come out over the last few days), I'm going to impart this small list of tried and true techniques that build upon earlier strategies and maximize your effectiveness as an OIC. Some are obvious, some aren't, but all are helpful.
• Your OIC abilities can be accessed by using the TCM through the D-Pad or the CNI by pressing SELECT.
• These abilities are best used while trying to make a push as either an attacker or defender, so try and time their use with changes in the battle! If attackers have opened up their forward spawns try blockading them to give your team time to regroup.
198w ago - Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared the next in their ongoing PlayStation 3 developer tips video series dubbed Platoon Leader today.
To quote: Welcome to another installment of our ongoing MAG tactics and strategies posts! Today, we've got tag team action from Software Manager Mike Nicolino and Designer Marc Janas.
Their mission? To give aspiring Platoon Leaders everything they need to find success. What this video below first and then catch their tips after the close.
Hello everyone, this is Marc and Mike, and these are the keys to being a good Platoon Leader.
• Platoon Broadcast Chat: Use this chat channel (selected from the D-pad) to broadcast any speech to the entire platoon. It's useful to help organize everyone to focus on one particular route or objective.
• Platoon Chat: Use this (also selected from the D-pad) to chat directly with only the squad leaders in your platoon. This channel isn't heard by any non-officer players, so it is best used to direct squad leaders on where to send their individual squads in battle.
• When attacking, use your Strafing Run ability to call in planes to pound a specific area on the battlefield...