168w ago - To conclude their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series, Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared an 'Officer in Charge' video below.
To quote: After a three-week run, we've come to our final installment of our MAG Developer Tip series. To close it out Zipper's training, vehicle and environment designer Ben Jones walks us through the biggest responsibility in the game: being the OIC.
With all the great tips that have come from other Zippers over the week (particularly all of the leadership-oriented bits that have come out over the last few days), I'm going to impart this small list of tried and true techniques that build upon earlier strategies and maximize your effectiveness as an OIC. Some are obvious, some aren't, but all are helpful.
• Your OIC abilities can be accessed by using the TCM through the D-Pad or the CNI by pressing SELECT.
• These abilities are best used while trying to make a push as either an attacker or defender, so try and time their use with changes in the battle! If attackers have opened up their forward spawns try blockading them to give your team time to regroup.
168w ago - Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared the next in their ongoing PlayStation 3 developer tips video series dubbed Platoon Leader today.
To quote: Welcome to another installment of our ongoing MAG tactics and strategies posts! Today, we've got tag team action from Software Manager Mike Nicolino and Designer Marc Janas.
Their mission? To give aspiring Platoon Leaders everything they need to find success. What this video below first and then catch their tips after the close.
Hello everyone, this is Marc and Mike, and these are the keys to being a good Platoon Leader.
• Platoon Broadcast Chat: Use this chat channel (selected from the D-pad) to broadcast any speech to the entire platoon. It's useful to help organize everyone to focus on one particular route or objective.
• Platoon Chat: Use this (also selected from the D-pad) to chat directly with only the squad leaders in your platoon. This channel isn't heard by any non-officer players, so it is best used to direct squad leaders on where to send their individual squads in battle.
• When attacking, use your Strafing Run ability to call in planes to pound a specific area on the battlefield...
168w ago - Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham shared a Squad Leader PS3 video today as part of their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series.
To quote: Now that you've learned some general leadership techniques in MAG from the folks here at Zipper, it's time to specialize.
Your instructor for today is Zipper Interactive's very own Audio Manager, Mary Olson. Watch this background video first and then check for Mary's strategies immediately below.
Hi, this is Mary and today we're going to take a closer look at the Squad Leader role - which is the first and most active of all leadership positions in MAG.
As an SL, you're primary focus should be good Communication with your Squad and Platoon, strategic use of Waypoints and the Fragmentary Order system (FRAGOs), and using your Command Assets wisely.
• If you don't already, you should start playing with a headset. It will make communicating with your team much faster and more effective. Regardless of how you play, though, stay in close contact with your team - assign your squad to objectives, and coordinate. Don't let...
169w ago - Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared a Leadership Roles video today as part of their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series.
To quote: Do you have what it takes to lead your soldiers into battle? If the answer is yes then today's MAG Developer Tips post is the one for you.
Audio Lead Keith Sjoquist is using our platform here to introduce everyone to the world of combat management, and as always, we're opening things up with a video.
Hi there, this is Keith from Zipper and today we're looking at some general MAG leadership tips.
Leadership is important because MAG is just as much a tactical game as it is run-and-gun. A savvy leader can herd a bunch of noobs and steamroll a platoon full of high-level lone wolves more often than not.
If you decide to opt in for leadership, that's great - just make sure you're ready for the responsibility.
• Remember your responsibility! It's all too easy to get in the habit of opting for leadership at the queue screen but then forget that there are a bunch of grunts looking at you for direction. Long story...
169w ago - Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has started off the week with the next installment in their PlayStation 3 developer video series, with today's tips highlighting the MAG PS3 Sniper.
To quote: People who play as snipers love it. People who are killed by snipers hate them.
But regardless of which end of the spectrum you're currently on, anyone can become an expert at the Zoom-in of Death with this excellent tips provided by UI Manager Steve Harris and Lead Designer of MAG, CJ Heine.
What's up? This is Steve and it's important that you know that Snipers are usually the guys supporting the rest of the team by clearing objective areas or preventing the opposing team from reaching their objectives from long range.
Being an effective sniper and contributing to your squad is extremely rewarding when it's done correctly. Here are a few tips to help you become a better MAG Sniper.
• Keep moving! The biggest mistake that snipers make is that they stay camped in one spot. The action in MAG moves very quickly, and even if you are able to take a few targets down, it's just a matter of time...