To quote: This is a modified version of Linux or we can say Debian in this case where it will make AsbestOS much more smoother to work with the PS3. Here are the release notes taken from kha0S's official site.
RELEASE NOTES for kha0S Linux Img v3.0 All credits go to Kmeaw and marcan work.
RELEASE NOTES for v3.0
Changed ext4 mount options from default to noatime (decrease IO to disk).
Created swap file (128M). General PS3 system response feels smoother.
Added support for /home in “external” partition. See INSTALL.TXT for instructions on how to use it.
RELEASE NOTES for v.2b
Fixed udev rules, so ethernet device is always eth0.
RELEASE NOTES for v.2
Increased size of image to 2G (~800M free!)
Fixed network configuration – dhcp enabled in the right interface
Changed Debian repository / added contrib and non-free...
200w ago - Roughly three months ago Braid was released on PS3 via PSN, however, recently I contacted creator Jonathan Blow and asked him about a possible port of the game to PlayStation 3 Linux.
To quote: I've asked Jonathan whether or not a Linux port of the game was in the works, since I've seen him hint at that in old posts on his blog (January 2007 and August 2008). I'm glad to say that he reported that a Linux port of the game was indeed being developed. To quote:
"[..] one is in progress but hasn't quite been completed, but may eventually be released."
He also said that the porting is about 95% complete, but I don't know how much time it will take for the remaining 5% to be completed, so maybe it will soon be available, maybe not, but this is great hope for the Linux community!
I also spoke with him a little about Open Source, and I was pleasantly surprised to see him not completely reject the idea of open sourcing his game, but he said "it is not likely at this time", so although it is not likely to happen, it is maybe another...
227w ago - This seems like intresting stuff going on.. LEU-Loader OtherOS v1.0 for PlayStation 3 Linux.
To quote, roughly translated: Some time ago we started this project, known as LEU (Launcher Emulators for USB), as you know I care for every detail to make it pleasant and comfortable to use.
To start LEU Linux as it is you need a BootLoader.. usually used in terminal mode type which makes text more compliacado use.
In our case this is, graphics adapters to the environment we want to LEU to reach wider audience and that people lose that fear of the word Linux.
BootLoader has very interesting things like:
• Power-Track Initiative SixAxis
• Recognizes LEUs icon which will be installed (USB)
• Recognizes disc, marking an installation disk icon
• Recognizes HDD with Linux installation
• And finally we have a very cool key indicators from the new XMB that is created from the code Petitboot.
The video that shows how the LEU Loader is being used in conjunction with RAW iSO.
257w ago - What does Yellow Dog Linux 6.1 offer the PlayStation 3 exactly?
· Linux Kernel 2.6.27
· X.Org server 1.4.999 with xrandr 1.2.2
· Enlightenment E17 desktop environment
· Mozilla Firefox 3.0
· GNOME 2.16.2 components
· OpenOffice.org 2.3 (version 3.0 available for YDL.net users)
· Improved Wireless network
· YDL.net GUI (private software repository)
· Bluetooth support for PS3's SIXAXIS controller
· ps3vram: temporary file storage or SWAP using video RAM of Playstation 3
· GCC 4.1.2
· Cell SDK 3.1
WARNING: Be aware that if you continue, all the saved games, game data, bought games, downloaded demos, PlayStation Home settings/installation and any data (music, movies, pictures) saved on the hard drive of the PlayStation 3 will be permanently ERASED.
However, the PlayStation 3 settings will NOT be lost. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you back up immediately any saves of your games, hard drive movies, pictures, music or PlayStation Home data on a removable HDD device or USB stick!
The bought games or downloaded demos can not be copied, but you will be able to re-download without the need to buy them again, as they are stored on your PlayStation Network account.