135w ago - Today SCEE's James Gallagher has detailed some recent Red Dead Redemption Hunting & Trading Pack issues that users may be experiencing due to an incomplete PSN upload by Sony.
To quote: It has come to our attention that an incomplete version of the Hunting and Trading DLC for Red Dead Redemption was uploaded to PlayStation Network; we apologise for any inconvenience.
This issue has since been rectified, but anyone that downloaded the pack before it was fixed may be experiencing the following issues:
• Days in game reset
• Missions cannot be started and/or do not reset for retries (user is always told to come back the next day)
• Gang hideouts empty with message to return later
• Some hideouts not recognized as gang hideouts and others say "please come back later"
• Buffalo herd not spawning
• Savvy merchant does not register that you have bought stuff in all gunsmiths
• Herb nodes do not reset and some nodes of all type are empty
• Mission markers gone from map and/or being told to come back after a particular time even after waiting over 24 hours
• The user cannot get back up after falling off a cart during a crash.
• When exiting multiplayer, the game saves but does not return to single-player
136w ago - A few weeks back the MAG 2.0 PS3 Patch was released and some users reported freezing issues as a result of the update, but today Chris Roper has announced that the 2.01 patch update should remedy them.
To quote: "The release of MAG 2.0 represented the culmination of months of work on our end and marked what was easily the biggest collection of overall improvements to the game since its debut in January.
Not everything was perfect, however, as some users have reported freezing issues since MAG 2.0′s release, but today's 2.01 patch should clear most everything up.
It's a short, but sweet, update that aims to fix a handful of important stability issues, and also adds in a couple voiceover messages. Enjoy!
Patch v2.01 - Available October 13, 2010 | 34MB (TPPS)
• Voiceover plays when vehicles are extracted in Acquisition
• Voiceover calls out sensor abilities when mortar battery is down
• Various stability improvements"
138w ago - Today Hermes has updated his PSGroove payload on the Spanish site Elotrolado.net and French site Logic-Sunrise.com (linked above) has made available some updated hex codes, both of which reportedly fix PS3 controller issues with some titles including F1 2010 and Street Fighter.
In addition, wanapaki and evilsperm has shared a PSGroove Hermes v2 Pack which includes most compatible boards.
141w ago - A few days ago Sony released PS3 Firmware 3.42 which plugged the PS3 JailBreak exploit, and today they have blocked PlayStation 3 proxy connection methods amid reports of 3.42 update issues.
As of today, to connect to PSN and use your PS3 online users are required to update to Firmware version 3.42 rendering the PS3 Firmware Bypass and DNS methods useless.
Additionally, garyopa reports via Product-Reviews.net that some users who updated to PS3 Firmware 3.42 are now experiencing various issues, to quote:
"There is numerous reports of 'Sound Problems,' they seem to be the biggest problem, with sound cutting in and out. Also reports of games like COD:MW2, Battlefield 2: Bad Company, Madden 2011 in crashing or not even loading at times.
Of course with every new firmware update, there is the series of reports of 'bricks,' the PS3 just looping, or frozen forever after the update."