276w ago - CVG has learnt that Sony's next firmware update for PlayStation 3 will include an option for screen grabbing, allowing you to take your own shots of what you get up to on your PS3.
A development source has told CVG that PS3 firmware update 2.5 is rumored to have screen grabbing built in.
Exactly how this would be done and what you could do with the shots once you've grabbed a piece of the action isn't yet known. But you've got to reckon that uploading them to a server and showing off and using the images as themes would be a safe bet.
Sony hasn't announced anything about a 2.5 update yet and won't even discuss the subject.
We'll file this one under 'wait and see' for the time being.
281w ago - Bushing has released a tool for grabbing the keys from your Wii console. To quote: This isn't the prettiest code I've ever written - it doesn't have much of an interface, and I just threw this release together in a few minutes.
However, it's been exceedingly useful to me, and hopefully some of you will find it useful, too. I'll quote the README here:
This program will do the following, automatically:
- Download IOS11 from the Nintendo Update Server
- Patch it to remove the MEM2 protection (so the PPC can access all 64MB of it)
- Patch it to allow it to delete itself later using ES_DeleteTitle()
- Find an unused IOS slot (counting downward from IOS255)
- Install the hacked IOS11 there
- Reboot into the hacked IOS
- Copy the private key structure from the IOS address space into MEM1
- Reboot back into a sane IOS
- Delete the temporary, hacked IOS
- Display the keys on screen
- Try to write them to a file on the SD card – keys.txt
- Pause for 60 seconds to allow you to copy the keys down using pen and paper, if necessary
I wrote this a week or two after I killed a Wii trying to reproduce tmbinc's original...