142w ago - Previously we announced news of the PS3Key PS JailBreak device for PlayStation 3, and today they have updated their site (linked above) with a feature list and pricing via Twitter, as follows:
"Release will be in a few weeks, recommended retail price set at USD49!"
PS3Key Feature List
• USB Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds without any need to open up the PS3.
• Does not break your warranty seal.
• Compatible with all PS3 models, both Fat and Slim.
• Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA.
• USB device fully updatable by PC.
• Disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
• Supports most games and homebrew applications.
• Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing games from external USB Hard Drive.
• Playing games from HDD is much more enjoyable, benefiting from greatly enhanced seek and loading times.
• Supports installing homebrew application on PS3 and external USB media.
• Optionally PS3Key can be supplied with an "open" firmware which does not support backup loading. Users would then have to download a firmware update for PS3Key...
152w ago - SCEA Santa Monica Studio Managing Producer Deborah Mars has revealed today that Fat Princess is getting fatter, with both Fat Roles DLC and a Fourplay Party Feature included in PS3 Patch version 1.06.
To quote: On Tuesday June 29, our favorite heiress to the throne will get a little added bulk thanks to our good friends at Atomic Operations, and we can't wait for all you Fat Princess fans to check it out!
Fat Princess Fat Roles DLC (USD $4.99) unleashes Pirates, Ninjas and Giants (oh my!) into the world of Fat Princess. These three new character classes bring a whole new level of awesomeness to the frenzied 32-player battles alongside our beloved royal beauty.
After picking up the DLC, a new multi-class magic hat spawner will be activated in every level of Fat Princess. Pirates can call in cannon ball attacks, Ninjas can hide in the shadows to sneak through doors, and the all-mighty Giants can cause rumbling earthquakes and gain health by chomping on their enemies.
We're also very happy to announce that Patch 1.06 activates the new Fat Princess Party feature!
Due to the overwhelming fan response, Patch1.06 delivers four-player same-console co-op for FREE to everyone...
158w ago - Following up on our previous article, today VG247.com (linked above) has reported that Sony's upcoming PSP2 will feature a touch-screen and two cameras.
As part of their E3 2010 reveal, the following details have currently surfaced on the PlayStation Portable 2, to quote:
• Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
• PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
• It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
• UK sources were previously working towards a "2010″ release. This is now "2011″.
• One source would be "amazed" if there was any kind of physical media involved. We've been told it "could" be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go. This bit was sketchy.
• Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
• There have been "finished units" in the UK, but we haven't spoken to anyone that's seen a final case.
• When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, "If the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning...
165w ago - Today Sony's Sr. Director of Corporate Communications & Social Media Patrick Seybold has confirmed that PS3 Firmware update 3.21 is coming on April 1, 2010 and will disable the OtherOS feature!
To quote: The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on April 1, 2010 (JST), and will disable the "Install Other OS" feature that was available on the PS3 systems prior to the current slimmer models, launched in September 2009.
This feature enabled users to install an operating system, but due to security concerns, Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.21 system software update.
In addition, disabling the "Other OS" feature will help ensure that PS3 owners will continue to have access to the broad range of gaming and entertainment content from SCE and its content partners on a more secure system.
Consumers and organizations that currently use the "Other OS" feature can choose not to upgrade their PS3 systems, although the following features will no longer be available;
• Ability to sign in to PlayStation Network and use network features that require signing in to PlayStation Network,...
174w ago - Square Enix London Studios Communications Manager Gareth Ramsey has announced today that Just Cause 2 for PS3 will feature video capture functionality that is exclusive to Sony's PlayStation 3 entertainment system.
To quote: This week we've some fantastic Just Cause 2 news for PlayStation players and not just that it's now only two months until release!
Nope, this week we can reveal that - exclusive to the PS3 - players will be able to capture their favourite moments of mayhem and destruction in Just Cause 2 using a unique, in-built video capture function. Capture, view and share via YouTube your craziest stunts, your most over-the-top grapple kills or your moments of sheer jaw-dropping awesomeness that leave you and your audience lost for words!
If ever there was a game screaming out for video capture, it was Just Cause 2. The freedom given by the game to mess around in the over 1000Km² of game world gives you the power to pull-off some of the most incredible Hollywood-style stunts ever seen in a videogame.
Whether surfing commercial airliners, freefalling from exploding jet fighters into fortified enemy bases or 'grapple jumping' from helicopter to helicopter (you've got to try this!), Just Cause 2 has moments you'll...