150w ago - Previously the possibility of PSN bans was rumored for PlayStation 3 hackers, and today Ripten.com (linked above) has confirmed that CoD: Black Ops PS3 hackers are now being hit with the PS3 Firmware 3.56 ban hammer.
To quote: Explained by Sony as a "security update" its effects are being felt by accused modders/hackers. CoD: BlOps hackers are getting hit hardest with a permanent console ban - many of whom have expressed their "innocence" on the official PS3 CoD: Black Ops Forums.
It's not limited to a few. There are dozens of threads about this topic. Here are just a few of their posts:
CaStR0_21: How long am I banned for? "This console has been permanently banned from the Black Ops servers....." Does this mean forever? Or will I be unbanned after awhile?
IssY_I : When i want to play black ops it says my console is banned permanently???i have payed 150$ for the Ps3 (i bought it yesterday (used) and just came home with a new copy...
150w ago - Treyarch Developer JD_2020 has announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.06 update went live today and includes the following patch details, to quote:
We are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
Patch 1.06 released at 2AM PST on 1/25/11. Treyarch is dedicated to ensuring the best gaming experience for the fans, and we've been actively working with you to continue to improve the game based on your feedback. As always, keep the feedback coming through the community forums.
1/25/11 (Patch 1.06)
New Features: • New contracts added to the rotation.
• Added optional pre-match timer for LAN / System-Link games.
Issues Addressed: • Fixed freeze associated with larger games.
• Improved reliability of players connections to one another.
• Improved ability to bring parties to the game lobby. Late party joiners would try to connect to previous lobby host and be denied if new joiners trigger a lobby host migration.
• Addressed an issue where the Host encounters and infinite spinning loading circle after a Host migration.
155w ago - Today Treyarch Developer JD_2020 has announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.05 update went live and shared patch details, as follows:
This patch is part of a series of ongoing improvements to online connectivity which will be continued over the next few weeks.
Treyarch is dedicated to ensuring the best gaming experience for the fans, and we've been actively working with you to continue to improve the game based on your feedback. As always, keep the feedback coming through the community forums.
LIVE FIXES - 12/22 (full patch 1.05)
• Improved party reliability when leaving with party - an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
• Improved UPnP functionality - further expands the game's capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
• Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
• Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
155w ago - Over the weekend Major Nelson (linked above) announced news of Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike XBox 360 and PS3 DLC coming, however, based on the screenshots many sites are reporting that Treyarch may actually be selling cancelled maps bearing the same name as those just announced.
"Dan Bunting, from Treyarch Studios, joined Major Nelson's show for a quick interview to announce the brand new DLC set to release for Black Ops. It was mentioned that it had been previously arranged that the DLC would be exclusive for the 360 for a period of time.
The release date was also announced to be February 1. The DLC is titled First Strike and includes 4 new multiplayer maps and 1 new zombie map. The price will be 1200 MSP ($15).
If you'd like to know more about the DLC, listen to the podcast, and if you're even more lazy, just skip forward to 29:10."
Additionally, Ripten.com reports the following, to quote: "Check out these links: