• All features of 5.50GEN-B2 are avaible
• Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch it (UMD or ISO)
• Possibility to launch PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them (as MGS for example)
• Possibility to connect to the Playstation Store by the using of MEDIAGO, to retrieve games and goodies without having to install Fake USB or other complicated stuff.
• Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware
• 6.10 (use it only if you have a Pandora XGEN to be able to return later in Custom firmware)
• 480x272 AVC Videos are supported
• Option to accelerate the reading of MS is going to be ported to 5.50GEN
This update allows you to install and enjoy all the games that requires FW 5.55 and 6.00 without having to patch anything.
Things you have to take note of:
• This CFW is for PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 v1 and v2 ONLY
• The 5.03HEN-A will be updated shortly with the same opportunities
Roughly translated changelog:
• Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch (UMD or ISO)
• Ability to run protected games like Soul Calibur or FMA example (UMD or ISO)
• To launching PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them as AMS
• Connection via PSN MEDIAGO without having to install complicated utility (option in beta yet)
• Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware 6.10 (For use only if you have a Pandora XGEN handy to be able to return later in Custom firmware.
• A PSP1000 or PSP2000 with TA-088v2 or below and PSP2000 with TA-090v1 Motherboard only (PSP2000 with TA-088v3 and all PSP3000 are not supported)
• A PSP with Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-A already installed
Changes in 5.50 GEN-B:
• The bug that prevented disabling the VSH Menu has been resolved.
• The select button can either start the Recovery (Recovery in VSH), the VSH Menu (default) or do nothing at all (for those who use the remote play between PSP and PS3)
• Updated network off M33
• Jo Evangelion The game can be launched.
• Pandora options are available in the VSH menu and Recovery
• Option Flash1 Format: adding a check that prevents the Flash1 format if it is in VSH.
• 3 new functions in the VSH Menu, as follows:
• Shutdown device (turn off)
• Make Normal Battery...
• Support for functions of official Firmware 5.50
• Functions standby reset and Pandora have been removed
• The plug-in Bubbletune to classify games according to category was deleted
• Patch Slim Colors Bubbletunes was deleted
• The pops is functional (emulation of PS1 games to work)
• The custom firmware 5.50GEN-A supports the launch of ISO and of PS1 games
• Popsloader and all plugins are normally incurred.
• The option "hide your MAC address is always available in the recovery