152w ago - SCEA Santa Monica Studio Managing Producer Deborah Mars has revealed today that Fat Princess is getting fatter, with both Fat Roles DLC and a Fourplay Party Feature included in PS3 Patch version 1.06.
To quote: On Tuesday June 29, our favorite heiress to the throne will get a little added bulk thanks to our good friends at Atomic Operations, and we can't wait for all you Fat Princess fans to check it out!
Fat Princess Fat Roles DLC (USD $4.99) unleashes Pirates, Ninjas and Giants (oh my!) into the world of Fat Princess. These three new character classes bring a whole new level of awesomeness to the frenzied 32-player battles alongside our beloved royal beauty.
After picking up the DLC, a new multi-class magic hat spawner will be activated in every level of Fat Princess. Pirates can call in cannon ball attacks, Ninjas can hide in the shadows to sneak through doors, and the all-mighty Giants can cause rumbling earthquakes and gain health by chomping on their enemies.
We're also very happy to announce that Patch 1.06 activates the new Fat Princess Party feature!
Due to the overwhelming fan response, Patch1.06 delivers four-player same-console co-op for FREE to everyone...
152w ago - Zipper Interactive Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has announced that MAG Interdiction (4MB Activation Patch) for PS3 is available today alongside a Double XP weekend!
To quote: Today is the day that MAG fans have been waiting for as our first major DLC, "Interdiction," is now available for purchase from the PlayStation Store for $9.99 US (prices in other regions may vary)!
If you missed our post detailing Interdiction a few weeks back, allow us to sum it up for you:
MAG Interdiction is a brand new game mode built for 128 players. In it, two rival attacking factions fight to gain control of three different command posts while using armored convoys for every squad on the map (that's right, 16 APCs onscreen at once!).
To earn the victory, teams must capture and hold as many objectives as possible to increase their score while simultaneously decreasing their opponents' score across three all-new "faction neutral" maps (Iron Creek Quarry, Lake Bayano Spur, and Sovot Motorway).
In addition to the new maps and gametype, Interdiction will also include the most powerful protection in the game, the "Heavy Improved" armor set,...
154w ago - EA's Bazajaytee has announced that the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 v1.04 PS3 patch update went out today in North America (it will hit Europe tomorrow) and has detailed the changelog, as follows:
The following changes are in the 1.04 update of Battlefield Bad Company 2:
• Vehicles can now be damaged by friendly fire when playing Hardcore.
• The MG36 now properly has its red dot sight in Hardcore.
• Damaged vehicles no longer blink on the minimap for soldiers without a powertool.
• SPECACT kits can be used on all SDM and SR levels.
• 40mm Shotgun is now properly rewarded platinum at 500 kills not 1000.
• G3 and Mk14 can now use the AR Marksman specialization.
• Fixed a graphical issue when equipping the GOL with a 4x or Red Dot sight.
• Scoring is now awarded after a player's death.
• Increased Tickets in Conquest mode and significantly increased Ticket Bleed when holding a majority or more of flags.
• The Conquest Horn now only plays for a short time when running low on Tickets.
• Updated the weapon stats in the Menu to reflect previous weapon balance changes (no additional weapon balance changes were made).
• Increased the power of the UH-60 miniguns at long range.
• Armored Vehicles are...
155w ago - Today Sony's Home Community Manager CydoniaX revealed that PlayStation Home is being updated to version 1.36 and has detailed the patch notes, as follows:
Just a reminder that Home will be down starting at 2amPST/5am EST tonight, Tuesday, June 1st, 2010, and will be down for a short time. In the meantime, here are the Patch Notes for te 1.36 update.
Patch Notes Improvements:
• We have reduced the time Home takes to start up. After installing and loading the patch for the first time, subsequent loads will be significantly quicker from then on.
• We've also improved the 3D audio positioning for stereo and 5.1 surround sound.
• Fixed a bug that could cause large files to be improperly cached.
• Fixed a bug that would prevent you from changing the size of the cache under certain circumstances.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when taking photographs.
156w ago - Update: Jeremy Dunham has now confirmed that the MAG PS3 Patch v1.06 will arrive on June 8, 2010 and will automatically download to your PlayStation 3 the moment you sign into the game.
Sony's European Producer Elliott "Shijima" Martin has announced today that the MAG PS3 Patch version 1.06 will be coming in June, 2010.
To quote: Though we're still several weeks away from its release, we thought it prudent to give everyone a head's up on what we're working towards for our next MAG patch - and it's a big one!
Slated for sometime next month, MAG v1.06 will add a number of requested new features to the game that should please fans regardless of their play style.
Not only have we made it much harder to accidentally kill fellow teammates, for example, we've also expanded the Medical Kit's functionality to give users total control over who they heal (allies or themselves), while updating the experience system that surrounds it.
Other new goodies include improved vehicle handling and physics, new gun ports for APCs, weapon efficiency adjustments, credit cost changes, and updated medal and ribbon requirements.
Another nice addition is that we're also giving users...