250w ago - Today Crediar has updated Preloader to v0.28 for the Nintendo Wii. For those not aware, Preloader 'replaces' the System Menu (it's not really replaced, its main.dol is just
renamed) with a simple loader allowing you to automatically load the Homebrew Channel, a .dol/.elf you installed via SD, and the System Menu.
• rewrote the hacks parser, it's more solid now and detects syntax errors much better
• added a new font
• optimized the menu layout
• you can now add unlimited offsets/value in one hack entry
• added beta version related code
• added a setting which allows to always turn you Wii off even when standby is enabled
• fixed that when shutting down from the System Menu, the Wii always got powered down instead of using the set shutdownmode.
• fixed a bug which prevented updating to a non beta version during beta testing
• fixed a bug in the System Menu hacks scrolling code
To quote from his page: Loads GameCube back-ups on Wii without a mod-chip.
Fixed bugs in GC loader for Wii:
• There is now an audiofix included, which should work for most games.
• Fixed memory card bug
• Disc can be changed, if started by pressing B
• Support to switch game ISO on multigame disc (press Z to select second disc, eject and and insert again)
251w ago - Recently Sven has announced DVDX for System Menu 3.4 on the Nintendo Wii... simply download and extract it to your SD card. You should then be able to launch the installer from the Homebrew Channel.
To quote: A few months ago we released a small, hidden channel called "DVDX" which essentially allowed homebrew to read DVDs on any Wii console without requiring hardware modifications.
Since that release some things that you are probably all aware of have happened: Nintendo released an update that blocks the installation of fake-signed titles like The Homebrew Channel or said DVDX installer and we published a workaround for the Homebrew Channel one day later.
However, we did neither have the time nor the intention to release a similar workaround for the DVDX installer since there certainly are better solutions to this problem and because we thought we would be able to release BootMii very soon. This was apparently not the case because we are still working on BootMii today.
The only solution to get DVDX installed was to use questionable methods that are normally only used by pirates and definitely not recommended by us or, given that you were lucky, to use comex' installer while...
252w ago - Introducing Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers - the perfect game for the guy without a date on Valentine's day!
Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad is the ultimate evolution of the blood-splattering samurai action game. Take on the role of beautiful but deadly Aya or her little sister Saki, both of whom will need to put their legendary samurai skills to the test in order to battle legions of zombies terrorizing their city.
Armed with only their swords and their beauty, these deadly sisters will stop at nothing to rid their home of the zombie threat.
Every person they meet and enemy they battle gets them closer to understanding who or what is behind this zombie outbreak and putting an end to it. Babes, bikinis, zombies, blood and swords... who could ask for more!
XBox 360 Features:
• 3 Playable Characters - Players can choose to play as one of three beautiful and dangerous characters. Gamers can switch between characters at any time during gameplay, creating unique gameplay strategies and play-through options!
• Killer Combat System - Each character has a variety of moves that the player can utilize to combat enemies in the air, on the ground, at a distance, when surrounded or even to evade attacks. The player can change...