Every month there's a new challenge and with each challenge comes another chance for you to win prizes from your friends here at SCEA. At the end of each of the three months, prizes will be awarded to the top 10 challenge finishers.
In order to participate, you'll need to authenticate your PlayStation Network ID on GameBattles in your Profile.
197w ago - To conclude their ongoing MAG PlayStation 3 developer tips series, Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared an 'Officer in Charge' video below.
To quote: After a three-week run, we've come to our final installment of our MAG Developer Tip series. To close it out Zipper's training, vehicle and environment designer Ben Jones walks us through the biggest responsibility in the game: being the OIC.
With all the great tips that have come from other Zippers over the week (particularly all of the leadership-oriented bits that have come out over the last few days), I'm going to impart this small list of tried and true techniques that build upon earlier strategies and maximize your effectiveness as an OIC. Some are obvious, some aren't, but all are helpful.
• Your OIC abilities can be accessed by using the TCM through the D-Pad or the CNI by pressing SELECT.
• These abilities are best used while trying to make a push as either an attacker or defender, so try and time their use with changes in the battle! If attackers have opened up their forward spawns try blockading them to give your team time to regroup.
197w ago - Zipper Interactive's Sr. Community Manager Jeremy Dunham has shared the next in their ongoing PlayStation 3 developer tips video series dubbed Platoon Leader today.
To quote: Welcome to another installment of our ongoing MAG tactics and strategies posts! Today, we've got tag team action from Software Manager Mike Nicolino and Designer Marc Janas.
Their mission? To give aspiring Platoon Leaders everything they need to find success. What this video below first and then catch their tips after the close.
Hello everyone, this is Marc and Mike, and these are the keys to being a good Platoon Leader.
• Platoon Broadcast Chat: Use this chat channel (selected from the D-pad) to broadcast any speech to the entire platoon. It's useful to help organize everyone to focus on one particular route or objective.
• Platoon Chat: Use this (also selected from the D-pad) to chat directly with only the squad leaders in your platoon. This channel isn't heard by any non-officer players, so it is best used to direct squad leaders on where to send their individual squads in battle.
• When attacking, use your Strafing Run ability to call in planes to pound a specific area on the battlefield...
197w ago - Update: To add more fuel to the fire, ScrawlFX.com has now uncovered a listing for Splinter Cell: Conviction in the Ubisoft Support center.
Since last year Ubisoft has been stating that they have no plans for a PS3 version of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction, but now contradictory images are turning up in a Blockbuster Video ad and from Swedish retailer Game giving fans hope the XBox 360 exclusive is no more.
To quote: "Look at the scan below, although could be a typo, it shows a number of games and movies with the dates and times they'll be available, but what caught my attention was the Splinter Cell: Conviction listing that also lists PS3 as one of the platforms.
197w ago - Today Jeremy Dunham has announced that MAG PS3 patch update v1.03 arrives tomorrow and includes fixes among other changes.
To quote: We've listened to your feedback and watched you play our game for weeks to create what is, without a doubt, our biggest and most important patch yet.
Our amendments are dramatic and they are many and we're confident that they make the game even better than it already was. Not only have we revamped the effectiveness of every weapon in the arsenal and tuned our ranged firing to be more realistic, but we've also sped up the weapon and gear swapping process, closed off exploits that gave some teams unfair advantages on certain maps, and have made it more obvious when it's too late to stop a charge from blowing up.
But those changes aren't even the half of it, as you'll see by checking our patch notes below. The best news, though, is that you'll be able to download this patch starting tomorrow at 1am Pacific/ 4am Eastern/ 9am GMT, February 25. Simply log-on to MAG when the time is right and the update will be ready for download.
We hope you enjoy the new changes – have fun and see you on the battlefield!
Available February 25, 2010 - 41MB (TPPS), 49MB (DLS)