Before getting into some details about the demo the team at DICE wanted to thank SCEA for helping us get the demo out a week early for North America. So, thank you to all those at SCEA that helped make this happen, you guys seriously rock!
The PS3 community has played a special role in the pending success of BFBC2, so thanks to all the participants we had in the beta last November. From that beta, more than 130 gameplay changes were made and almost all of them made it into this demo.
As a gift for your support in the beta, all participants will be awarded another point in the BF Veteran rank that will apply to special perks in the final game.
In the demo you'll be playing the "Rush" game mode on a very snowy map set in Port Valdez of Alaska with the US defending Russian attacks. As...
207w ago - Recently Naughty Dog has released two new multiplayer skins for Uncharted 2 on Sony's PS3 entertainment system.
The two skins feature characters from the motion comic, Uncharted: The Eye of Indra, Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton.
If you want to pick them up, the bundle is priced at $5.90 NZD according to Overmind.co.nz (linked above).
Unfortunately, it looks like it's only available via the PAL PlayStation Store.
To quote: "The two skins are Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton from the motion comic, Uncharted: The Eye of Indra. The bundle also includes all four episodes of Uncharted: The Eye of Indra, so you can familiarize yourself with the new characters.
216w ago - God of War III will not have PS3 multiplayer, and according to the title's director Stig Asmussen the underlying reason why is that it simply wouldn't fit.
This was recently revealed in an interview with GamePro, to quote:
"With God of War 3, there's a story we want to tell and an experience we want to deliver, and multiplayer doesn't fit into that." said the games producer Stig Asmussen.
"Imagine two Kratos characters running around at the same time. Once you do that, the story becomes something more about an experience between two players and less about something that we're scripting."
"So, you have something like Left 4 Dead, which is sweet, but we just decided with this game, there's a certain way that we want to tell it. And staying with what we've done in the past, we want to complete the story in a way that was familiar to everybody."
He did, however, hint at new challenge rooms in the form of DLC: "It would make a lot of sense to be able to download them. That's something we might see in the future." adding "It's a good way to keep the series going."
219w ago - Today WWS Online Producer Daniel Brooke announced that the Uncharted BETA is now open to all users, as follows:
As some of you may know, the Uncharted 2 public beta has been running for the last couple of weeks, but only for those who pre-ordered the game from certain retailers.
But no longer! Because you can download it from PlayStation Store at 7pm UK, and play all the way up to October 12th!
The Public Beta contains:
• Four maps - The Ice Cave, The Temple, The Village and The Plaza
• Deathmatch, Elimination, Plunder, Chain Reaction, Co-op Gold Rush and an extract from one of our Co-op objective levels
• The Machinima mode, where you can run around the levels and tweak the camera so you can create movies which you can then watch in Cinema mode
• Cinema mode, where you can watch movies of your online matches, or your performances in Machinima mode, then upload them and send them to your friends (as long as they've got the Beta to watch it on of course)
• Twitter option - enter your twitter account details and you'll automatically tweet status updates of your online progress
• Store items - we've included a selection of the Skins, Boosters, and Taunts as well as all the Co-op Weapon Upgrades for you to spend your...