320w ago - The 3.0 client update will be available for download tomorrow 25th October. To download it, please boot MotorStorm from the Blu-Ray disk, select 'Online' from the main menu, select an appropriate game universe and install the update when prompted to do so.
MotorStorm Update 3.0 provides the following changes;
- Added vibration support for DUALSHOCK 3 controller with adjustable sensitivity settings.
- Grid order has been randomised for first race in any online lobby.
- Finishing positions in your last race now determine your starting grid position in the next race within the same online lobby.
- On-screen indicator has been added to show whether voice comms are issuing from TV or headset; As before, please press and hold L1 (R1 if using control scheme 'B') to toggle headset output through TV or Headset.
- Sensitivity Settings for SIXAXIS™ Motion Sensor control have been added.
- 'Gloating Index' has been added to the Stats card; The Gloating index gives guidance as to a racer's online prowess. It takes into account the number of people you've beaten in each race and the number of people that have beaten you. Use the gloating index to spot the players to beat in each race! Try and rank your Gloating Index up to the perfect '10'!
- Several causes for...
321w ago - A Sony executive has left PS3 fans all a-quiver after promising to release a firmware update "soon" that will improve the console's support for Blu-ray Disc interactivity features.
Don Eklund, VP of advanced technologies at Sony, reportedly made the promise at the recent HDTV DisplaySearch conference in California. Unfortunately, he didn't say anything more specific about the release, leaving PS3 buffs to speculate about what new interactive features Sony might introduce to the console.
The Blu-ray Disc Association has already mandated that all Blu-ray players launched after 31 October must feature picture-in-picture video playback, so Sony could be prepping things to make sure any PS3s sold after that date are compliant.
Any Sony update will follow hot on the heels of an interactivity features update for HD DVDs, announced recently by Universal. Its release consisted mainly of online shopping features, such as merchandise or trailer downloads, and a function allowing users to share their favourite movie clips with friends directly from their player.
322w ago - This Developer Diary video is presented by 2 developers, Philippe Therien (Game designer) and François Masse (Lead AI Programmer) from Ubisoft Studio based in Montreal. It concerns Character Customization and shows a bit about the game (in game pieces).
322w ago - Today, the Wii recieved a number of updates. First off the Firmware Update will update your system to 3.1U/3.1E which allows to you click on links in messages to open the internet channel but not much more. The best updates come from Opera though with the Internet Channel now fully USB Keyboard Compatible. This means you can send favourites to friends and copy and paste text from a page into the search. No Changes for the Everybody Votes channel are evident.
No word on whether this is GC homebrew/Wii mod safe yet, so It is advised to hold off for now.