268w ago - Recently Bethesda released the requirements for the PC version of Fallout 3 which is scheduled to release this October 28th. I have to admit that the requirements are pretty forgiving, and won't cost one of your limbs.
Some people though are too lazy to check the requirements against their own machine or even at times they have no clue what kind of PC they own. Heck I know some people who think Hotmail, and the Internet are the same thing.
One of my favorite tools to use is SystemRequirmentLab's Can You RUN It? The application will ease the process of determining if your PC can run a specific game.
All you got to do is select the game, and bam! It does all the work for you. Recently they have uploaded Fallout 3, and you can now see or get confirmation if you have already manually determined, to see if your computer is ready to face post apocalyptic creatures!
271w ago - As posted by AlexP on the forums of the Web site linked above:
As you may seen it before, here are the specs:
- 4 channel audio input:16 bits/channel, 48kHz, SNR 90db
- 56º or 75º Field of View zoom lens
- 2.1 F-stop, less than 1% distortion, fixed focus (25cm to 8 at 75º FOV)
- 640 x 480 at 60 frames/second
- 320 x 240 at 120 frames/second
- USB.0 high-speed data transfer
- Uncompressed video or optional JPEG compression
274w ago - Below is a video of YouTube rants from a former GameStop employee known only as 'WhistleBlowerZero', who has made a 9 part (!) series in the style of Zero Punctuation to explain exactly how bad GameStop is to employees and customers alike.
Many of the tidbits within will hardly be a surprise to anyone who's ever set foot in one of their stores and/or had the misfortune of working retail, but the series seems to be targeted more at the casual consumer and perhaps people who think working at GameStop sounds like a great job.
276w ago - BongoFrenzy of the EU PlayStation Community (linked above) has just posted up a huge Q&A session regarding Killzone 2. He confirms that the game will run at 720p at 30fps, there is a public BETA trial coming up, there will be 8 online maps at launch, and HOME will definitely be supported as well as trophies!
To quote: KillZone 2 Q&A
1) Q: What resolution and frame rate does the game run at?
A: 720p at 30fps
2) Q: Will PlayStation Trophies be supported in game?
A: Yes definitely, there will be unique trophies to be won, earned both in the offline game and while playing online.
3) Q: Will there be a public Beta Trial for Killzone 2?
A: Yes, we are planning on running a closed public beta later this year.
4) Q: How many online maps will there be at launch?
A: The game will include 8 maps each with their own style and setting, some will be smaller, to suit 16 players others will be much bigger, designed for 32 player matches. If you want to get an idea of what some of these look like, check out the new video on the PLAYSTATION¬®Store.
5) Q: How does the lobby system online work?
A: We have taken to heart all the feedback from the first Killzone game and aim to give players as much flexibility as possible. You can list all...
- Warhawk running from HDD
- no PKG version
- no WH disc while WH is running
- Motorstorm running as proxy disc
- legal way
I wont explain the details here till the project is finished 100%, also cuz many devs want to take a look at first and not get it patched that fast. I can say that if all will work like I want it to you'll need:
- "special" game dump of the game you want to play from HDD
- one (any) original bd game
- 2x minimum 60GB HDD's (illegal way - it worx but its not allowed in most countrys - its working like a packed game on psp memory stick)
-1 60GB HDD + original disc (legal way - no need to be inserted while playing)
Im using newest firmware PAL 60GB SKU. 3 games tested yet - working.
Games which should be possible from the knowledge i got yet:
I cant check more atm, as I dont have else here. The final way will be a bit different than the video shows. Even there are 2 different ways then to do it, thats because there are 2 different groups of games. One can be done with 1 HDD but then you need the original disk of the game.