152w ago - Today user has released PS3 BD2HDD, a PlayStation 3 BD game to HDD game GUI application which automaticly creates a HDD patch NPDRM package for your desired game, followed by some revisions below.
-ppf support now you can create and apply ppf files of your working games! but please don't forget to state where to put the files
-easy to use
-some patch options to try
-keeps path lengths (maybe better compatibility)
1. select local game directory (don't select PS3_GAME)
2. choose a name for the games backup folder (exactly 6 letters and/or digits)
3. choose a patch method (try different, if game crashes)
4. choose the firmware your ps3 is on
5. click patch
6. you can find your pkg in the directory you extracted my tool
7. ftp your backup (contents of PS3_GAME!) to /dev_hdd0/z/XXXXXX (chosen at step 2)
8. install the package you generated
152w ago - Just under a month ago it was confirmed and today Portal Manager Emmanuel Orssaud has announced the PlayStation Official iPhone and Android application is now available for download.
To quote: Back in December, I announced that we at SCEE were working on a PlayStation App for iPhone and Android handsets.
I'm delighted today to let you know that the version 1.0 of the PlayStation Official App is now available to download for free from the App Store and Android Market.
The app is compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch with OS 4 and above, and most Android handsets with a minimum of OS 1.6.
Here's a recap of the features in version 1.0:
• Check out your PlayStation Network trophies and keep up to date with your friends' games and online status.
• Discover all the latest games, news and hardware for your PlayStation 3, PSP and PlayStation 2.
• Read all the announcements on the European PlayStation.Blog.
• Share your favourite products or news with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or via e-mail.
The first version (1.0) is available in the following countries: UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and The Netherlands.
A release is coming soon, and below is a rough translation on the PlayStation 3 homebrew application:
I tried to make a customized theme for my Open Manager, but having to edit the position of the texts a lot of times, without knowing where will they go, and how would the layers be, in which order would they look better, etc... I ended a little bit tired and mad...
So, seeing that people really like to make their own themes, I'd like to make the work of making themes easier, and I'm developing a theme creator/editor... I'd like to introduce you my first addition to the PS3 Scene.
• Compatible with the last version of Open Manager
• It works with the 8 layers of Open Manager
• It edits the INI from a nice GUI and allows you to see the changes in real time.
159w ago - Following PS3 FTP Server and PS3 FTP Server v1.2, today stoneMcClane has introduced the third PS3 FTP homebrew application called simply PS3-FTP for PlayStation 3 JailBreak users, this one being made with the PSL1GHT open-source SDK.
To quote: The first legal PS3 ftp server has arrived, courtesy of stoneMcClane. The previous ftp servers for PS3 used the Sony SDK. However, PS3FTP is coded with the PSL1GHT Open SDK, making it completely legal.
Please note during our testing of PS3FTP, it crashed several times. It appears this new project still has some bugs to work out.
Finally, from the ReadMe file:
A minimal PlayStation3 FTP server written with the help of PSL1GHT (http://www.psl1ght.com/)
1) To start the FTP server, just run the PS3-FTP.self via ps3load/wiiload or install the PS3-FTP.pkg and run it directly from the...