187w ago - Sony's Social Media Manager Jeff Rubenstein has unveiled a first look video today of Dead Rising 2 on the PS3 video game console.
To quote: When zombies first descended on the shoppers of fictional Willamette, Colorado in Dead Rising, the PlayStation 3... didn't exist.
Four years later, the zombies are ready to shamble, moan, and hunger for brains again in Dead Rising 2 - coming to PS3 this August.
Didn't play the first game? We've got you covered. Capcom's Mike Schmitt and Wes Phillips walk us through the sequel's new multiplayer modes, and give newcomers a look at the delicious combination of goofiness and gore that summarize the Dead Rising universe.
We'll have more Dead Rising 2 throughout the Summer. If you've got any questions, throw 'em in the comments - we'll remember them for next time.
187w ago - Today Atlus' Manager of Public Relations and Sales Aram Jabbari has shared a video dubbed "It's a Rap!" showcasing the PS3 Exclusive video game 3D Dot Game Heroes.
To quote: To celebrate the game's release, we're also releasing a fifth video vignette.
Not only does it show off the mini-games you'll be distracted by (dooming the poor citizens of Dotnia to never being rescued from the clutches of Dark Bishop Fuelle), but it also happens to be the most radical video we've put out for the game to date.
So, why should you pick up 3D Dot Game Heroes? Is it safe to assume "because it's awesome" isn't quite enough information? Well, how about the following list of things, bulleted for your convenience (and mine):
• An awesome marriage of old-school 8- and 16-bit sprite style art (in beautiful 3D, mind you) with the full power of the PlayStation 3 system.
• A retro-yet-modern soundtrack, filled with addictive tunes that you'll be annoying people in public spaces with your involuntary humming for quite some time.
• A huge, lush kingdom to explore. Dotnia is filled with secrets, large dungeons, powerful bosses, quests to solve, and hilarious characters. Search every nook and cranny; you're bound...
188w ago - Below is scheduled release date for games, on all major platforms, for the North American region in the month of May, 2010.
Please note that scheduled dates may differ from actual release dates, as follows:
Sony PS3 Release List:
• Modern Warfare 2: Stimulus Package - 4th of May
• Iron Man 2 - 5th of May
• 3D Dot Game Heroes 11th of May
• Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY - 11th of May
• Lost Planet 2 - 11th of May
• Skate 3 - 11th of May
• SBK: Superbike World Championship - 11th of May
• Gundemonium Collection - 18th of May
• Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 18th of May
• Red Dead Redemption - 18th of May
• Rocket Knight - 18th of May
• Split Second - 18th of May
• Shrek Forever After - 18th of May
• Backbreaker - 25th of May
• UFC Undisputed 2010 - 25th of May
• Blur - 25th of May
• ModNation Racers - 25th of May
• Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West - May 2010
Sony PSP Release List:
• Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake - 4th of May
• What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? 2 - 4th of May
189w ago - Not long ago several developers voiced their opinions on PSN game sharing, and today on his blog video game designer David Jaffe clarifies his Tweet against PSN game sharing as well as his stance on PS3 DLC.
For those unaware, David Jaffe is best known for directing the PlayStation Twisted Metal series and more recently God of War.
Check out the video below (starting at minute mark 2:42 onward) and from his blog entry, to quote:
"FINALLY got my video blogs working again! Pardon the bed head and the messy office. Between tons of work and 2 sick kids at home, it's been a hell of a week so far!"
189w ago - Southpeak Games European PR Manager Rob Burman has announced news today of a contest alongside a video on 3D Dot Game Heroes PS3 character design.
To quote: I'm here to reveal an exciting competition we're working on with the PlayStation Blog Europe that could see you, yes YOU, winning a super duper limited edition prize and a copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes - which is coming exclusively to PlayStation 3 on May 14th.
But what's the competition, I hear you cry... well, one of the very cool features of 3DDGH is the character creator, which lets you make your own hero pixel by pixel.
If you want to be a monkey in a bowler hat, no problem! A robotic pink pirate? Go ahead. Seriously, as long as you've got a little bit of imagination, you can go wild with the character editor. You can even share them with friends by popping them on a USB stick.
To celebrate this awesome tool, we've created a simplified online version of the character creator - http://designer.3ddotgameheroes.eu/ - to give you a taste of what to expect from the more in-depth finished product and now we want you to make some fantastic heroes and enter them into a competition.