143w ago - Today the Killzone 3 PS3 patch v1.04 update has gone live via PSN, which includes several bug fixes detailed below courtesy of Guerrilla Games alongside some new features for PlayStation 3 gamers to take advantage of.
To quote: CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY
• Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
• Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
• Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
• Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
• Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
• Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
• Performance - Improvements to party creation server load
• Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
• Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
• Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
• Menu - Single click squad...
150w ago - Treyarch Developer JD_2020 has announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.06 update went live today and includes the following patch details, to quote:
We are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
Patch 1.06 released at 2AM PST on 1/25/11. Treyarch is dedicated to ensuring the best gaming experience for the fans, and we've been actively working with you to continue to improve the game based on your feedback. As always, keep the feedback coming through the community forums.
1/25/11 (Patch 1.06)
New Features: • New contracts added to the rotation.
• Added optional pre-match timer for LAN / System-Link games.
Issues Addressed: • Fixed freeze associated with larger games.
• Improved reliability of players connections to one another.
• Improved ability to bring parties to the game lobby. Late party joiners would try to connect to previous lobby host and be denied if new joiners trigger a lobby host migration.
• Addressed an issue where the Host encounters and infinite spinning loading circle after a Host migration.
151w ago - Yesterday we reported on flukes1 releasing his LV1 and LV2 Peek and Poke PS3 Tools, and today Wutangrza has released a LV1 / LV2 Peek and Poke CFW Patch for enabling it in PlayStation 3 version 3.55 Custom Firmware.
154w ago - Today Treyarch Developer JD_2020 has announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.05 update went live and shared patch details, as follows:
This patch is part of a series of ongoing improvements to online connectivity which will be continued over the next few weeks.
Treyarch is dedicated to ensuring the best gaming experience for the fans, and we've been actively working with you to continue to improve the game based on your feedback. As always, keep the feedback coming through the community forums.
LIVE FIXES - 12/22 (full patch 1.05)
• Improved party reliability when leaving with party - an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
• Improved UPnP functionality - further expands the game's capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
• Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
• Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
157w ago - Update: CodeTwink has confirmed that PS3 Firmware update version 3.55 blocked access to lv2 kernel "execute" access, however, if you can patch back in a method to lv1_write_htab_entry, you can re-enable this area.
Today Sony Network Operations Americas VP Eric Lempel has announced that PS3 Firmware update v3.55 has arrived and simply adds a security patch.