191w ago - SCEE's European Product Manager Richard Yap has unveiled details of the upcoming Uncharted 2 Siege Expansion PS3 DLC today, which hits PSN to download later this month.
To quote: Naughty Dog has updated me with some great news for the multiple award winning Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I'm pleased to announce the guys have pulled out all the stops to deliver more downloadable content for all you fans out there!
The 'Siege Expansion' pack will be hitting PSN later this month (RRP €5.99 / £4.79) So what can you look forward to this time?
The pack includes 6 character skins, a new co-op game mode for 2-3 players, 2 new maps and 11 additional Trophies (10 Bronze and 1 Silver).
• You Can't Break Me - Complete All 3 Co-op Objective Maps on Crushing
• Under Siege - Finish Wave 10 in 1 Siege Game
• Speedy - Get 10 First! Medals
• I'll Cover You - Get 50 Defender Medals
• Fallen Angel - Get 50 Afterlife Medals
• Not So Fast - Get 20 Shut'em Down Medals
• Jack Of All Trades - Get 15 Triple Threat Medals
• You Run, I'll Shoot - Get 10 Protectorate Medals
• Back At Ya - Get 50 Retaliation Medals
197w ago - The PlayStation 3 version of Dragon Age: Origins Return to Ostagar downloadable content has passed certification, and is now scheduled to hit PS3 via PSN on March 11, 2010.
The expansion was supposed to be released for all three platforms (PS3, XBox 360, PC) during the holidays but got pushed back; it eventually released for the 360 in January but had to be taken back due to glitches and other problems.
Then, on January 29, 360 and PC owners finally got a clean expansion, but PS3 owners have been waiting ever since.
To quote: "Now an official post on the BioWare forums has announced that the new content has finally passed PlayStation 3 certification, and will be hitting the PlayStation Network on March 11th, giving players four days to blaze through Ostagar before the Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening expansion is released.
It's still a relatively long wait, but at least you'll be busy for a while once it drops."
200w ago - Playlogic Online Marketing Manager Debbie Brettell has announced that Fairytale Fights Treasure Pack 1 for PS3 is hitting PSN this week.
To quote: Firstly, let me thank all of you for your feedback to our first post, it has made me feel very welcome :0)
Secondly, I wanted to let you know that the first round of DLC for Fairytale Fights is due for release on the 11th February. Even better - its free!
The DLC, AKA 'Treasure Pack 1' contains 4 brand new playable characters and 3 challenging PvP arenas, our local residents now have more foes to slice'n'dice and arenas to paint red with their blood! Fairytale Fights Treasure Pack 1 offers you the chance to experience life in Taleville in so many new ways!
Our four characters are Bones, Princess Afia, Grandma Red (yes, you guessed it, Little Red's grandma) and Puss in Boots - Each of our characters have a story of their own to tell, we have started the story for you, but for the rest, you must play to find out
Moving on to our 3 challenges, the PvP arena's, I will give you a little information, but really - You should play them yourselves to find out more
Time to Die - In Time to Die, players have to traverse the tricky elevators on both sides of the room. The battlefield is small,...
214w ago - Electronic Arts Product Marketing Manager Brent Dady has announced today that Brütal Legend's Tears of the Hextadon DLC is launching for free on PSN.
To quote: Now that Rocktober of the year of our metal Lords 2009 is coming to a close, we at Double Fine Productions and Electronic Arts are taking the time to reflect back upon a pretty eventful year.
Here are just a select few of the very many Brütal Legend highlights that have lodged into my memory banks:
1. Jack Black, Tim Schafer, and Rob Halford unveiling Brütal's gameplay for the first time to the coalition of the willing PS3 gamers at the Spike VGAs.
2. E3 - staying up until 9am the day of the show loading builds (I may have never recovered from this all year), live Twitter chats, a banner 1/3 the size of a football field, debuting our talent trailer, the coalition of the unwilling finds its leader. Pandemonium!
3. Comic-con - the infamous Brütal Legend concert featuring 3 Inches of Blood and GWAR.
4. Wherein Tim Schafer tries to solve a Rubik's Cube in the time that it takes Emily Ridgway, Double Fine's audio director, to recite the bands and titles of the 108 songs off of the (I would say EPIC) Brütal soundtrack.
243w ago - Sony's Social Media Manager Jeff Rubenstein announced that Valkyria Chronicles downloadable content is heading to PSN soon, as follows:
A number of you have been asking about this on our weekend posts, and today SEGA has the answer. Beginning with April 16th's PlayStation Store update, gamers will be able to return to Gallia to fight some new EWII battles.
Here are details on the Valkyria Chronicles DLC, direct from SEGA:
• Hard EX Mode - fight your way once again through the entire Imperial army, where the enemies are more lethal and your main tank Edelweiss is unavailable. You'll have to be more strategic in order to overcome your opponents.
• Edy's Mission "Enter the Edy Detachment" - six members have been separated from Squad 7 and on their journey to reunite with their squad, they stumble upon a tiny village under attack by the Imperial Army. Play as Edy and command your outnumbered team to defend the small village from annihilation.
• Selvaria's Mission "Behind Her Blue Flame"- Taking place right after the outbreak of Gallian battle lines, you play as Johann, a young and meek engineer assigned to Selvaria's troop. See the action as it unfolds behind enemy lines and see the war play out through the eyes of the enemy.