- Courtesy of the PlayStation Blog today: Hi, folks!
My name's Noel Silvia
, and I'm a Graphic Artist and part of the PlayStation Network team.
I'm here today to walk you through how to make and install your own Themes for your PLAYSTATION 3. All you'll need are:
- an image editing program (MSPaint
, Adobe PhotoShop
- the provided "compiler" program
- a little time
Start by downloading the "HowToMakePS3Themes.zip".zip file HERE
and extracting it onto your computer.
In this zip are folders with the necessary files for each step of the process.
Step 1: Create
Let's start at the very beginning.
- In this folder, you'll find the images that make the XMB, its sub-icons, and the background wallpapers for HD and SD resolutions.
- There is also a file called "PS3Theme_template.xml", but we'll come back to that a little later.
- It's important that you don't change any of the file names in this folder. If you do, it will cause problems later on.
- Start by deciding...