115w ago - Following up on the earlier releases, today PlayStation 3 developer an0nymous has updated PS3Load which allows users to run PS3 SELF programs via wireless or wired network with some make_self bug fixes as outlined below.
To quote via PS3 Dev Wiki (ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=Dev_Tools#ps3load_3.55_make_self_fixed):
Older versions of ps3load would not work on 3.50/3.55 ("sysProcessExitSpawn2" won't work proper), and you had to use 3.41 instead. This is no longer an issue with the recent version ps3load which fixed the (make_self) issue for 3.55 standalone precompiled version to try: ps3load.gnpdrm.pkg (don't forget to delete your old version first)
1. make your app, produce at least an ELF
2. sprxlinker yourapp.elf (this should be done for you if you use any of the samples)
3. make_self yourapp.elf yourapp.self
4. load ps3load on the PS3
5. define the PS3LOAD environment variable in your favorite shell with tcp:ip_addr (where ip_addr is your the ip address of your PS3)
6. ps3load yourapp.self
117w ago - This weekend godai has made available a PS3 CFW Fix for PlayStation 3 3.6+ FW PSN title Limbo (NPUB30373), which now works on PS3 Custom Firmware 3.55 including Kmeaw, Waninkoko CFW and with multiMAN PS3 Backup Manager.
This news comes just two weeks since the Sony PS3 Full 3.60 SDK and NPDRM keys were leaked by JoHNAaRoN.
To quote: Limbo is a black and white puzzle-platforming adventure that puts players in the role of a young boy traveling through a hostile world in an attempt to discover the fate of his sister.
1) Install limbo_demo.pkg
2) Copy folder LIMBO to your GAMES folder
3) Run Multiman and select Limbo game
4) Start Limbo from */app_home/PS3_GAME/ option. Do not start limbo from XMB Link created when you installed demo.pkg, because this is the...
118w ago - This weekend roid clive shared the original Resident Evil 4 & Veronica EBOOT.BIN and PARAM.SFO files, and ryu002003 has made available a Biohazard Revival Selection PS3 3.55 / 3.41 CFW fix for use with the Biohazard Revival Selection JPN PS3 JPMORGAN release (BLJM60372) on PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware.
Below are the Biohazard Revival Selection PS3 3.55 / 3.41 CFW fix instructions, to quote:
1) copy file to /PS3_GAME/PKGDIR/PARAM.SFO replace old file
2) copy file to /PS3_GAME/PARAM.SFO
3) you need one disc game bluray in driver loading game Biohazard Revival Selection with multiMAN or another manager
4) install game with icon Biohazard Revival Selection
Instructions for making the Biohazard Revival Selection JPN PS3 JPMORGAN game work:
121w ago - A few months back PlayStation 3 hacker Scorpion2k released an El Shaddai Ascension of The Metatron Multi-language patch for the Japanese version, and today both ninjanutta and scene release group ASDOX have made available some PS3 CFW 3.41 / 3.55 and Discless fixes for the iMARS (USA) release.
122w ago - Today clouduzz let us know of a PS3 Custom Firmware 3.55 and 3.41 fix for Record of Agarest War Zero on the PlayStation 3 entertainment system.
The PS3 CFW patch fixes were made a little over a month ago by ReDriGoX, REDragoon and shado1664, but haven't been reported on up to now here... that said, if anyone knows of other PlayStation 3 games on our PS3 3.60+ Games that can't be FIXED yet list by all means drop the RS/MU/etc links in our PS3 CFW & MFW Forum and we will mainpage your post.