- Per Seth Luisi
, a new SOCOM: Confrontation v1.20 patch update will be available tomorrow which promises to fix crashing of the game as well as many other reported issues.
To quote: We are happy to announce that the SOCOM: Confrontation 1.20 Update will be released on Wednesday, October 29th, at 1200 GMT/UTC (8am EDT, 5am PDT, 1pm BST, 9pm JST).
The SOCOM: Confrontation 1.20 update addresses the following issues:
• Fixed many issues which would cause the game to crash, hang, disconnect and exit to the PS3 XMB.
• Fixed an issue which would cause large numbers of players in a high player count game to be simultaneously disconnected.
• Fixed an issue which would cause players to be invincible.
• Fixed a physics issue which would cause players to occasionally "warp" around on the map.
• Fixed an issue where a "corrupt save data" message would be incorrectly displayed after updating the game.
• Fixed some player model issues related to team swapping.
• Client/server optimization.
• Fixed an issue where the scope camera had an incorrect offset from the barrel of the gun while prone or leaning/peeking.
For players who have already downloaded and installed the 1.10 update, the 1.20 update is only ~50MB in size. For...