- I've have successfully modded the Smackdown 2010 game on the PS3 and can confirm the following:
• The model, texture, wrestler archive (pac) and arc files are exactly the same as the 360 version, therefore these can be interchanged between consoles.
• My X-PacKer 5.0 app which allows for texture editing and injection works perfectly with the ps3format archive files (check http://sf4mods.blogspot.com
for the app)
• The game installs all the pac files onto the internal ps3 hard drive when you first boot the game up, so all mods to the game must be done on the internal ps3 hard drive.
I'm randomly getting errors that the data on the internal hdd is corrupt when making changes. Not sure why the game does this as yet.
In order to overcome this, I need to replace the edited files with the originals and then boot the game. I then need to exit to the XMB and add the edited files, boot the game again and it loads fine. There could be a checksum somewhere which is storing the filesizes.
• I'm still investigating hacks to the paint tool files, will post info shortly. Check out Mr Mouse
's PT Explorer v0.1.7 app on XeNTaX
for more info about this type of hack.