To quote: It runs at full speed, full screen, and supports CDDA and XA audio. This pre-release also features 2 player support, saving, and iso formats *.iso *.bin *.mds *.img.
Currently the source code has not been released, but it will be once the emu is completely ported using just the PSL1GHT SDK. PS3SX will run on all retail 3.41 units (fat and slim). Currently it is untested on older firmwares and does not work on debug units (PS3 Test units).
Instructions: Install PKG file on PS3. Either use the folders from the rar file, or make "bios" "MC" and "psxrom" folders in the root of a USB drive. Download PSX bios file below, and place it in "bios" folder. Place legally owned PSX backup ISO's in the "psxrom" folder. Run emulator and play!
Please note there is currently a bug with this pre-release. You can only quit the emulator when running a game. If you attempt to exit...
Spin Pong is an fun and addictive 2-player Pong game for PS3, with some interesting physics and stereo sound.
This was coded using only a retail unit, using logging over UDP.
• Use left analog stick up/down to move paddles.
• Press X to signal that you are ready. Both players need to signal ready before game starts.
• Press START to signal that you want a game reset. Both players need to signal wants-reset before game starts.
I built this with the 1.92 SDK on windows with msys. Just do this:
• you now have spinpong.pkg
• install as usual
• For homebrew developers check out Log.h/Log.cpp for code to log over network.
• To view the logs, use: $ socat udp-recv:6160...