282w ago - Courtesy of ST0RM53, linked above: Hey.. long time to write
With the hot news I saw I had to do something! Swap Magic on PS3 running? I thought it was patched, and indeed so, but only on US/Jap consoles.. I tried several swap magic (SM from now), but none worked... and this is becaused it IS patched, on fw 2.10 and up.
So I thought... if they patched a specific title, they seem they haven't patched others... so I found that I can create a bootable PS2 disc and I made one. I added many useful PS2 ELFs (not all useful for now..) but we have what we need. Ok, first the proof and then tutorial:
This method using an original SM disk has been already posted.. but never actully confirmed how or when SM works.. The method with an ORIGINAL SM DISC works only on EUROPEAN PS3s any FW, except 40gb ps3 which cannot run PS2 discs.
My method works along with above, but on ALL PS3's... any region, any FIRMWARE, except 40gb ps3 which cannot run ps2 disks again. AND you can run almost ANY ELF!!!
First lets see what we need:
Please note that only usb port 1 and 2 can be used, and ports 3 and 4 MUST be empty,...
283w ago - Below are two videos courtesy of ricardogroothedde via YouTube and a brief guide on how to use PS3 Emulators with Swap Magic on PS3 for those who still haven't tried.
Another nice guide is also available HERE, among others in our Forums. Check out the SNES (Super Nintendo) and PGEN (SEGA Genesis) videos as follows:
Roughly translated guide:
1. Download the Elf Loader
2. Get an USB pen drive (or PSP) and connect it to your PC
3. In the Root make a folder which is called SWAPMAGIC
4. Copy and Paste the file named ''SMBOOT0.ELF'' into the folder SWAPMAGIC
5. Copy and Paste the folder PSXLOADER to the Root of your pen drive (or PSP)
6. Download one or two of the elf emulators
7. Put the ELF in the folder PSXLOADER
8. We can't give you these files: files LIBSD, XMCMAN en XMCSERV. You'll need to search a bit for them.
9. Put the just downloaded files LIBSD, XMCMAN en XMCSERV in the folder Modules whichs...