233w ago - It is real. As previously reported, according to Super_Secret the 'PS3 Slim' is a PS3 that's been cut down as much as physically possible without preventing the loss of playback of any existing PS3 title out there.
It still has Blu-ray, it still has wireless, it still has bluetooth and it still has gigabit ethernet. "OtherOS" support has been removed.
You still get 2 USB ports.
Hard drive sizes will be bigger, it will come in 120Gb and 250Gb flavors. It's still replaceable and will actually be slightly easier as it has been relocated to the front of the console.
It will NOT have any "new" features, such as backwards compatibility or enhanced peripheral support. It's just a PS3, but slightly smaller and cheaper. The power supply is still internal, but a different power cable will be used.
Rear ports are still the same: 1x HDMI, 1x Sony AV port, 1x Optical, 1x Ethernet. And of course a power port. Release date and official announcement are not final.
Price is undetermined, but make no mistake, this is a "slimmed" PS3 in every sense of the word. It's as cheap as can possibly be, so expect it to launch with a smaller price tag than what you're paying...
233w ago - Wondering how long you'll have to wait until you can play PlayStation games on a certain phone? How does this fall sound? Below is what is known to date:
• Sony refused Sony Ericsson rights to use the brand name 'PlayStation' for a PSP Phone they were planning to make.
• The new Sony Ericsson Satio can run PlayStation games.
• The Sony Ericsson Satio was revealed at the Red Dot Museum in Singapore.
• The Sony Ericsson Satio is expected to be released this fall worldwide and will have downloadable applications available so it will also be a huge contender to the iPhone.
• It was revealed that the phone could run PlayStation games when Hirokazu Ishizuka, Sony Ericsson's Corporate Vice President and Head of Asia Pacific Region said in the announcement:
"I think we are very confident of our own solution- entertainment unlimited. Not only music entertainment experience but also imaging, cyber-shot technology and we have a 12.1 megapixels camera.
The XCM Cross Fire Converter which allows you to connect a PS3 Controller to your XBox 360 console has also been released today and is shipping.
XCM PS3 Rumble Joystick
• Built in Rumble function.(world first Rumble joystick compatible with PS3™ console)
• 4 Memory Buttons - Program upto 20 button and joystick movement combos to a single button to pull off devastating moves at will!
• Independent Rapid Fire / Turbo Modes Built In - Just flip the switch of the button you want to enable rapid fire for and its done.
• LED buttons
• Plug and Play - Just plug the joystick into your PS3™ console via the USB port and you are all set.
• 2 at the Same Time - Just in case you are kind enough to allow someone else to use one at the same time, you can plug 2 of these into the same PS3™ console and use them both to battle each...