- Lab Zero Games CEO Peter Bartholow
announced today that Skullgirls Encore is launching on February 11th, 2014 with details and launch videos below.
To quote: We've got some big news: Skullgirls Encore is launching on February 11th!
...wait, what? Isn't Skullgirls already out? It was! But it's currently not.
To release the new content funded by our successful Indiegogo campaign, Skullgirls had to undergo a painful publisher transition, one that required removing the game from the store entirely and resubmitting it.
But don't worry - everyone who previously purchased Skullgirls will receive Skullgirls Encore and the DLC Character Color Bundle free, which we'll detail at the end of this post.
If you haven't checked out Skullgirls since its original launch in April 2012, you'll find a lot of new features in Skullgirls Encore:
• Literally hundreds of gameplay and balance tweaks
• Faster gameplay
• The new "Drama" meter keeps combos from getting too long without compromising creativity
• Hugely expanded training mode, and still some of the best tutorials in the fighting game genre
• Improved online play
• Gorgeous new stages, with new music from the...