259w ago - Today Howard Lehr of TikGames announced that Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom is coming to the PlayStation Network this January.
To quote: A big 'hello' to all of the PlayStation blog readers out there! We at TikGames have been laboring away on this game for quite a while and it's a relief to finally be able to tell you all about the fantastic stories and artwork it contains.
You see, one of the keys things about Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom for PS3 (available on PSN in early January for $9.99) is right there in the name. There are three modes to the game, each offering a unique experience.
In Ancient Tales mode, each piece of an old Chinese story is revealed when the player finishes a layout by matching the one pair of golden tiles on the board.
So, if you want to see the end of the story, you have to play your way through it and unlock the next episode. The stories are meant to add to the enjoyment of the classic game and pass along some ancient wisdom from one of the world's great cultures.
Now, keep in mind that there are hundreds of Chinese tales out there, all of which offer insights that we the players would value. However, many of them contain story elements that aren't...
259w ago - Some digging at the official ESRB Web site by Shard of NeoGAF (linked above) has uncovered several new SEGA classic titles which are destined for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.
To quote: Well, you all know the drill, a bit of deep search has yielded the following ratings.
- Sonic The Hedgehog 3 SEGA Everyone Comic Mischief Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 SEGA Everyone No Descriptors Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Sonic the Hedgehog SEGA Everyone No Descriptors Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Streets of Rage 2 SEGA Everyone Animated Violence Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Gunstar Heroes SEGA Everyone 10+ Cartoon Violence Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Phantasy Star II SEGA Everyone Mild Animated Violence Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Comix Zone SEGA Everyone Animated Violence Windows PC, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
Quite the bounty listed, it is interesting in light of that Sega comp disc getting a release next year.
260w ago - Developer Q-Games has announced on their Web site (linked above) that a new PixelJunk Eden patch update is slated for December 19, 2008 for both Europe and Japan regions, with the US labeled as "coming soon".
To quote from their site:
Eden just got easier!
• New continue system when you run out of time.
• A whole new control system to choose from.
• Lots more time to spare.
• Smoother multi-play camera.
Will these new features make the game a little too easy? Time will tell...
261w ago - As a follow-up to our previous article, according to a rough translation of Chinese site CNGBA (linked above) citing a Japanese magazine scan, a Capcom Official said in a recent interview that they have not yet decided if Monster Hunter 3 will be a Wii exclusive.
The site speculates that a portable version of Monster Hunter 3 for the PSP is likely to exist.
While there is still no concrete evidence to back up these claims, the idea of Monster Hunter 3 heading to PlayStation Portable is quite feasible if history repeats itself... based on Capcom's success with portable gaming consoles.
Needless to say, until official confirmation is available this is being dubbed a rumor.