138w ago - PS3 hacker blazie151 has made available PS3 Rebug 3.55 and 3.41 Stealth Custom Firmware versions for PlayStation 3 CFW users, which has been rumored to be the initial cause of the recent PSN outage.
To quote: I (blazie151) made a stealthed version of Rebug 3.55 and 3.41. These versions include ce24 and ce27 for Console ID spoofing.
Keep in mind at this time FckPSN and ce27 are useless since FckPSN doesn't blank your Console ID on SP-INT. For that reason I included ce24 as well, so that you can blank your console id with charles.
This also has a stealthed version of rebug selector tested working. Its stealthed as the tetris demo, so if you have that game already, use my homebrew stealthing application and stealth it as something else.
The 3.41 version has a stealthed rebug selector...
1. put flash drive into computer and make the folder structure of customize/modz (example F:/customize/modz)
2. put all your customized files in that folder.
3. make sure all the names of the files are the same as the orginal (case sesitive)
4. copy ES35's Customize v0.1.geohot.pkg to the root of your flash drive (example F:/)
5. put that flash drive into the ps3, and go to install pkg files.
6. install ES35's Customize v0.1.geohot.pkg
7. scroll down to ES35's Customize v0.1
8. observe the great graphics of the icon and background image, and remember to donate.
9. open it, and click install.
To Clean up:
1. Open it, press the up and down dpad buttons to scroll to clean it up.
2. press X.
From their site: Both Rebug 3.41.2 and 3.55.1 have all the features you have come to expect from a CFW/MFW plus Package Manager, Rebug Selector and all the debug features of the last Rebug release and none of the bugs.
There is also a new directory in dev_flash called rebug which has another directory in it packages. It is in this directory that you will find Rebug_Selector_1.2.pkg and BDEMU.pkg (3.55) or Hermes_V4C_Rebugged.pkg (3.41). These can be installed using the PS3 HDD option in Package Manager.
INSTALL: Rebug 3.41.2 and 3.55.1 can be installed over the same version OFW/CFW/MFW on any model PS3 through the XMB or Recovery Mode and Rebug 3.41.2 can be installed in Service...
141w ago - Keeping in line with the latest PS3 Linux Dual-Booting work from PlayStation 3 developer Graf Chokolo, today Kmeaw has stated the following to Dukio on his upcoming 3.55 PS3 Custom Firmware update, to quote:
"We haven't heard from Kmeaw for quite some time, so I managed to get a hold of him and it seems he might bring us another interesting release that should comes in the form of CFW. No, it's not 3.60 CFW, if you still don't get it.
I was thinking of a CFW that has bootOS integrated so it gets executed when you power on your PS3 (and switches back to GameOS on user's request via menu or ssh). It's not hard to make it. But recently I read graf's announcment that he is going to accomplish the same task. So I don't know, if such CFW from me would get any demand.
Also I got bootos-installer and lv2patcher patches from an anonymous hacker who have added 3.15/3.41 support. I'm going to merge them into my code and release the next version.
If you have any ideas about what would you like to have, please tell me."