• Fixed a problem when you change settings for the plugins.
• Fixed internal problems.
• Fixed a problem that caused a crasheo accessing plugins and have no plugin.
• Improved detection of release.
• Fixed a bug in the installation of the Pops (The PRX MD5 is different in each PSP, which is why the test works, but not in the other consoles)
• Fixed a bug not detect either a previous installation (caused that could not be installed above the new version)
• System pops native activation.
236w ago - Recently PSP homebrew developers Xenogears and Becus25 have released a Custom Firmware Enabler.
This program will enable the functions of M33 CFW using ChickHen, except for Recovery and Pops.
Since installation is not permanent, the application must be run again after reboot in order to enable M33 functions. It also works with TA-088v3 motherboards, but sadly it doesn't support the PSP 3000 yet.
To quote: 5.03 ChickHEN Homebrew Enabler - Team Typhoon (Article by Granite) So comes the release of the highly anticipated ChickHEN homebrew enabler by Team Typhoon.
After 1800 Lines of code, 4 weeks of stressful developing and countless amounts of tests the dawn of a new homebrew era for all the 3000, 2000 and 1000 users is on the horizon. What was said to be impossible by many is now a reality, all styles homebrew are now running on the "unhackable" T88v3 and TA-090 motherboards rolled out by Sony.
What does the ChickHEN do?
ChickHEN as a Homebrew Enabler that allows the execution of homebrew via the PSP XMB. Running via a vulnerability in the lib TIFF the launcher takes advantage of the system by performing a kernel exploit and rebooting into a homebrew enabled enviroment.
The ChickHEN remains active until the PSP is fully reset in which case official firmware loads from the flash....
242w ago - Here we go, courtesy of PlayStation Network Operations Director Eric Lempel on this Monday afternoon:
Hi everyone, the next system software update (v5.50) for PSP (PlayStation Portable) will be available soon, and I wanted to provide you all with a preview of some of the key features.
The firmware update will introduce an Information Board on the PSP system's XMB (XrossMediaBar) interface. Those of you who have a PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) may be familiar with this feature, which displays news and updates from the world of PlayStation in a scrolling ticker in the upper right-hand corner of your TV screen.
Now you'll be able to read up-to-date information about upcoming games, new content available on PlayStation Store, and other news right on your PSP whenever you're at a wireless Internet hotspot.
In addition, we'll be adding a few more enhancements with the 5.50 update:
• Memory Stick improvements - You'll be able to create and access sub-folders on your Memory Stick PRO Duo for music, videos and photos. Separately, the available space required to download a file from PlayStation Store to your Memory Stick has been reduced significantly.
• Internet search for games directly from the XMB - You'll be able to easily...