183w ago - Head of Production Ben Creasey is celebrating VidZone's first birthday on Sony's PS3 entertainment system today with a fresh update and more, as follows:
That's right, Vidzone on PS3 is 1... Can you believe it... we can't. It seems like just yesterday that I got roped into writing the post to announce the service to you, now 1 year and 42 posts later here we are.
Of course we wouldn't still be here without you so a HUGE thank you to everyone that continues to use the service and I sincerely hope to see you back here in a year's time when the service is another year older and even better than it is now. To celebrate we have a... Happy Birthday VidZone Playlist
Featuring a mix of both our and your favourite videos of the past year. It's our birthday and we are giving you the present... it's ok... We think it's better to give than receive... although if you have any presents you want to send... we will happily accept See who in the office chose what below:
• Adrian Workman - CEO - Mark Knight - Downpipe
• Louisa Jackson - VidZone for PS3 Chief Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
• Me - Head of Production - Tesla Boy - Electric Lady
• Alex Jakubczyk - Playstation Content Manager - Two Door Cinema Club - Undercover Marytn
183w ago - EA's Bazajaytee has announced that the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 v1.04 PS3 patch update went out today in North America (it will hit Europe tomorrow) and has detailed the changelog, as follows:
The following changes are in the 1.04 update of Battlefield Bad Company 2:
• Vehicles can now be damaged by friendly fire when playing Hardcore.
• The MG36 now properly has its red dot sight in Hardcore.
• Damaged vehicles no longer blink on the minimap for soldiers without a powertool.
• SPECACT kits can be used on all SDM and SR levels.
• 40mm Shotgun is now properly rewarded platinum at 500 kills not 1000.
• G3 and Mk14 can now use the AR Marksman specialization.
• Fixed a graphical issue when equipping the GOL with a 4x or Red Dot sight.
• Scoring is now awarded after a player's death.
• Increased Tickets in Conquest mode and significantly increased Ticket Bleed when holding a majority or more of flags.
• The Conquest Horn now only plays for a short time when running low on Tickets.
• Updated the weapon stats in the Menu to reflect previous weapon balance changes (no additional weapon balance changes were made).
• Increased the power of the UH-60 miniguns at long range.
• Armored Vehicles are...
183w ago - PlayStation Store Senior Manager Grace Chen is back with this weekend's PSN video content update today, as follows:
Hi Everyone - Time for this week's video store updates.
It was an exciting week in the world of sports. Catch all the action this weekend by downloading the Rampage vs. Evans UFC 114 Replay, NBA 2010 Finals or Stanley Cup 2010 Finals games to your PS3 or PSP.
Under 'Featured Collections' you can also check out the new Crackle collection featuring full length, unedited movies, TV shows and original programming including slick, sexy, and action-packed shows like The Bannen Way, Jace Hall, Trenches, and Urban Wolf.
Plus, in celebration of the release of Alice in Wonderland we've pulled together some of Johnny Depp's best films (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Edward Scissorhands, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Donnie Brasco, and more).
For all the Freebie followers, you can download a free episode of Kekkaishi , the popular new anime series airing on Adult Swim. Episode 1 will be free on the video store through 6/17.
Looking for more great deals? Check out 'Deal of the Week' under New Releases to stock up discounted episodes of Ice Road Truckers Seasons 2 & 3, Penn &...
184w ago - SCEE PlayStation Store Manager Mike Kebby is here with this weeks European PSN update today, as follows:
Planet Minigolf joins us this week, bringing its own style of golfing aesthetics to our fingertips, also offering customisation options as well as multiplayer modes; this certainly looks like something you could be sinking some time into (there's also a demo available).
On PSP, you can assume the role of a fighter pilot tasked with taking down a witch (yes you read that right) in Xyanide: Resurrection, a side-scrolling shoot 'em up.
For those who own both PS3 and PSP I direct to this lovely little oddity (can you guess where I'm going with this?), the multi-award winning sequel, Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus.
That's not all though, there are plenty of other titles worth delving into; the full listing as always is below.
There is one more week to run on the current batch of Special Offers, and we've also got some further titles given the permanent price reduction treatment too.
PlayStation Store (via PS3, PSP and Media Go)
(Available until the 9th of June)
• Wakeboarding HD (was - £11.99/€14.99 now - £6.29/€7.99)
• Numblast (was - £3.99/€4.99 now...
184w ago - Today Sony's Home Community Manager CydoniaX revealed that PlayStation Home is being updated to version 1.36 and has detailed the patch notes, as follows:
Just a reminder that Home will be down starting at 2amPST/5am EST tonight, Tuesday, June 1st, 2010, and will be down for a short time. In the meantime, here are the Patch Notes for te 1.36 update.
Patch Notes Improvements:
• We have reduced the time Home takes to start up. After installing and loading the patch for the first time, subsequent loads will be significantly quicker from then on.
• We've also improved the 3D audio positioning for stereo and 5.1 surround sound.
• Fixed a bug that could cause large files to be improperly cached.
• Fixed a bug that would prevent you from changing the size of the cache under certain circumstances.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when taking photographs.