287w ago - Ken_vs_ryu has found a way to download torrent files directly to the PS3 without using a client.
Here are the instructions on downloading torrents directly to the PS3 via TorrentRelay, please use with caution and intelligence:
1. Find a torrent file link.
2. Copy .torrent link (ie: www.mininova.org/get/########)
3. Go to http://torrentrelay.com
4. Click on the 2nd input box with [Get URL] next to it, and type in the link from step #2.
5. Click on [Get URL].
6. Click on the file you want. It will list all the files available on the torrent.
7. Save As dialog should pop up.
8. We only tried an MP3, and it was downloaded directly into the Music folder. Video below:
Note: This really isn't good for the torrent community since the PS3 cannot seed files, but it's interesting that it's possible.
292w ago - Sierra has announced today that the demo for the Playstation3 version will be available on May 8th. The Xbox 360 version has already hit the marketplace and is currently available for donwnload.
The Bourne Conspiracy demo will feature:
- A look into how The Bourne Conspiracy combines original missions with memorable film moments to plunge players into the role of both trained Treadstone assassin and a malfunctioning government weapon on the run
- Brutal hand-to-hand combat choreographed by the films' fight coordinator and stunt legend Jeff Imada, recreating Bourne's signature combat style and ability to weaponize everyday objects in his environment
- Shooting using cover, wallwork, and use of destructible objects to distract and destroy enemies, along with a unique 'expert kill' shooting takedown system
- Seamless movement between hand-to-hand combat and gunplay, combined with unique 'escape & evade' game play where Bourne must escape deadly situations, all framed by relentless pace and camera techniques inspired by the cinematography of the films
- A taste of Bourne-style high speed pursuit, with a re-imagining of the escape from Paris sequence through a thrill-a-minute, arcade-racing inspired police car chase
293w ago - Sony is working to roll out a video-on-demand service for the PlayStation 3, and one report says it could happen as early as this summer. However, most Blu-ray DVD players in consumers' homes are actually PS3s. Will offering an online service cannibalize Sony's high-def format?
PlayStation 3 owners may soon be able to watch movies without ever leaving their living rooms.
In an official PlayStation blog entry dated April 15, the game maker hinted at plans for the PlayStation Network in 2008 and a recent revamp of the PlayStation Store. A senior marketing executive also mentioned that a video service was in the works for the PS3. Then, a report in Monday's Los Angeles Times cited unnamed sources familiar with the matter who asserted a video service is indeed headed for the PS3 as early as this summer.
"Many of you have been hearing rumblings about a video service that will allow you to download full-length TV shows and movies via PlayStation Network for North America," wrote Peter Dille, senior vice president of marketing and PlayStation Network, on the PlayStation blog. "While I don't have any new announcements here for the PlayStation Nation, it's already been confirmed that we'll be offering a video service for the PS3 in a way that separates the service form others you've seen or used.
294w ago - According to a report from the Los Angeles Times, which cites anonymous film studio executives, Sony is set to launch its online video download service later this summer.
As rumors have previously suggested, sources close to the LA Times say that the online store will closely integrated with Sony's PlayStation Network. Among the store's initial offerings are said to be movies and television shows.
It's no secret that a video store is coming. The only question is when. If this report is to be believed, the service will launch in summer. Which makes sense, considering the annual E3 Business and Media Summit kicks off in July.
294w ago - According to the NPD figures which were released today, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has officially sold over 9 Million copies worldwide since it's release!
In addition, the Variety Map Pack we recently released on Xbox Live and soon to be released on PS3 in a week; has broke Xbox Live Marketplace records pulling down over 1 Million downloads within it's first 9 days. Not to mention pulling down Xbox Live Marketplace in the process when it launched.
Some cool numbers we pulled recently to see just how much gameplay that actually is, shows that Xbox LIVE members played more than 30 million sessions and logged over 30 million hours of gameplay!! We're talking 1.9 billion minutes logged in the first 9 days!!
If you don't have the Variety Map Pack yet it's currently available on Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 MS Points and will be hitting the PSN store starting April 24th (US) or May 4th (EU) for $9.99 and includes four new multiplayer maps.
I knew we had a huge loyal community and it's always cool to pull specific numbers to quantify just HOW large it actually is. Also, don't forget tomorrow night is the Xbox LIVE Fire Weekend for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare where you can play with the team here at Infinity Ward and myself from 3 - 6 pm PST (6 - 9 pm EST) as well...