It's been less than a week since PS4 launched with Twitch broadcasting functionality, and the feedback we've been getting from new broadcasters has been phenomenal!
To help new streamers ease into the Twitch community - which is already 45 million members strong - here are some tips for first-time broadcasters:
• Be a curator of conversations: Drive conversation with your viewers. Talk about everything and don't just focus your conversation about the game or games in general. Talk about life, pop culture, music and everything in between.
• Go live longer than an hour: It might sound shocking at first, but Twitch is long-form entertainment. Our broadcasters stream for hours, so find a sweet spot and before you know it you'll be rocking a 24-hour broadcast in celebration of a new game release.
• Find a genre: When laying the foundation for your channel, don't feel the need to be the best at every game. However, if you are good at one genre (FPS, Platforming,...
3w ago - Armature Studio Game Director Mark Pacini shared some Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate PS Vita tips and tricks today in video format below.
To quote: Hey everyone, Mark Pacini here, Game Director at Armature Studio for Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate. We have some videos highlighting our latest game on PS Vita.
Blackgate is a 2.5D Metroidvania take on the popular Batman: Arkham series. The game itself takes place three months after the events of Batman: Arkham Origins, where Batman is sent in to investigate a riot at Blackgate Prison.
We recorded several "Case Files" to both introduce people to the game, as well as give a few hints here and there. We want you to be able to get the most out of Blackgate, as we tried to pour as much variety and intensity into it as possible.
FreeFlow Combat is one of the core pillars of the Batman: Arkham franchise, and we've adapted FreeFlow Combat from the console editions of the games into the 2.5D perspective of Blackgate. We had specific challenges in bringing this combat into the 2.5D plane on a completely different game engine, while maintaining the feeling of "being Batman" in combat.
This video highlights the various combat encounters in the game, including the different thug types, as well...
12w ago - Sony Computer Entertainment America Account Support Manager Nick Suttner shared some tips today for a successful expedition on PS3 and PS Vita.
To quote: Hello, fellow Spelunkers! Depending on how much Spelunky you've played thus far - available now on PS Vita and PS3, Cross-Buy / Cross-Save / Cross-Play for $14.99 - you probably fall somewhere between thinking it's a neat but masochistic experience, to a brilliantly crafted work of evil genius and one of the best things you've played in years.
I'm firmly in the latter camp at this point, playing in every spare moment and endlessly iterating my strategies on my quest to see the game's true ending.
Along the way, I've amassed a mental library of tips and tricks, both from my own playthroughs and from watching some friends in the indie developer community perform masterful runs of their own.
For those just starting out, I've penned a list of some basic tips to shorten the time between Spelunky being the game you love to hate, and the game you just outright love.
ABC: Always Be Carrying. A rock, a rat, a broken arrow - make sure you're carrying something at all times, especially in the Mines (the first world). You'll face arrow traps left and right, and tossing or dropping anything in their...
17w ago - Divekick Creator Adam "Keits" Heart shared some Divekick PS3 and PS Vita divetips strategies with fans today from EVO's Top 3 below.
To quote: Divekick is out on PS3 and PS Vita Tuesday! By now, many of you are starting to realize just how deep and competitive this game really is.
Online ranked play is going to be filled with killers in no time, so to help you get a head start, we've compiled a few tips from the top 3 finishers at EVO 2013. Additionally, we've included a quick character bio for our final fighter, Kenny, to complement our first two roster updates.
5 Tips from EVO Champion Mean Saltine
1. Know your spacing. Every character in the game has a different angle on their divekick. It is critical that you know how close you can get to your opponent without getting kicked in the face. You know you are at the perfect range when you can react to an opponents attack with an attack of your own.
2. Be patient. It might seem natural to go crazy with your divekicks, but it is much more effective to wait for your opponent to make a mistake before you strike. Playing too aggressive is very dangerous against patient opponents!
3. Use your special moves. Every character has two special abilities in the game. Sometimes knowing when...
20w ago - Sony Social Media Manager Sid Shuman is here with a video showcasing The Last of Us Multiplayer on PlayStation 3 which includes 24 survival tips below.
To quote: Two things. First, The Last of Us has a multiplayer mode called Supply Raid that is the freshest, most addictive mode I've experienced in years. Second, I apologize for not posting this guide weeks ago - I've been playing way, way too much TLOU!
The Last of Us differs from other multiplayer games in many ways. It's stealthy, ammo and resources are scarce, and teamwork is absolutely vital. What's more, your total kills take a backseat to Parts - a currency that you can spend on weapon upgrades, ammo, power weapons, and armor.
All of which are capable of evening the odds in a match. You score Parts by downing and executing enemy players, but also reviving teammates, healing friends, and crafting and distributing items.
This tip guide will focus primarily on Supply Raid, which is TLOU's answer to the venerable Team Deathmatch. Stick around for some tips we solicited from Twitter, and leave your own tips in the comments below!
Upgrade melee ASAP. The upgraded two-by-four is the ultimate equalizer, and you'll want it right away. It's...