22w ago - Today PlayStation 3 developer Habib (aka smhabib) has released what he calls HABIB CEX 4.46 PS3 CFW which works on the latest multiMAN v04.46.01 followed by a v1.09 Custom Firmware update that addresses the Red Screen of Death and support for PS3 consoles with broken Blu-ray drives alongside an untested PS3 4.46 CFW by lordzxX with details below, as follows:
58w ago - Following up on his PS3 Brick-Recovery Procedure, today PlayStation 3 scene developer Rogero has updated his PS3 4.21 Custom Firmware to Rogero CEX 4.21 CFW v1.09 which he hopes is brick-free now yet doesn't appear to be.
87w ago - Following up on their previous Uncharted 3 PS3 patch update notes, today Naughty Dog have revealed the version 1.09 changes outlined below.
To quote: Patch 1.09 will be deploying Monday April 9th 2012 (PST). Here is a rundown of all the changes we've made as we moved from 1.07 to 1.08 to 1.09.
The Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception 1.09 patch will be deployed April 9th 2012. It will roll out across all regions globally over 24 hours once deployed. We were able to get both patch 1.08 and 1.09 through the testing and approval processes around the same time. Therefore we are releasing them together. Since the changes are cumulative you'll only see an update for patch 1.09 when you download it.
Additionally, for those of you who prefer to watch video over reading the notes, we have made two videos detailing the changes in update 1.08 and update 1.09. These videos summarize the patch notes you'll read in this post. Videos such as these should be available for all patches moving forward. Hooray video!
Upload your cinema files to YouTube this weekend in order to preserve them.
IMPORTANT NOTE: After seeing the mention of video, if you don't...
132w ago - Today Killzone 3 PS3 patch version 1.09 has been released, and although the changelog (below) contains many fixes the update's EBOOT.BIN game executable is also encrypted with 3.60 Firmware PS3 Keys meaning those who update won't be able to run it on PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware.
If you are running PS3 CFW and remain on the Killzone (BCES-01007) 1.08 patch or below you will still be able to play the game fine though.
Below is the Killzone 3 PS3 Patch 1.09 changelog from Guerrilla Games PlayStation 3 Developer LevTrin12, to quote:
• Added Colour blind support - When turned 'On' all enemy players and objects will be underlined. This is the case for the minimap and in-game, such as player names.
• Frozen Dam - Operations - The first mission in is now 6 minutes again
• Move - Fixed continuous rumble when the PlayStation Eye camera connected
• Move - When interacting with a Search &...
161w ago - Following up on my initial release and POC update, here is MultiMAN version 1.09.03 (20101106_170200) which is a multifunctional manager with unique options and features to manage your games, files, AVCHD and Blu-ray videos, update feature and much more for PS3 JailBreak users.
• User defined options.ini (options_default.ini) to set various options
• Copy/backup progress bar
• Support and display for 7 devices (HDD/USB/BD/SDHC/MS/CF)
• Animated icons and backgrounds
• Update check/download feature with [R3] button
• Support for COVER.PNG in AVCHD video folders
• Support for AVCHD activation from external USB devices
• Support for backup of AVCHD to internal HDD
• Support for playback of AVCHD content from internal HDD (syscall8 JB required)
• Overscan support for DLP and CRT TV sets
• Convert Blu-ray (BDMV) structures saved on the internal HDD to AVCHD...