To quote: For those interested, here's a build of Open Remote Play running on the N900.
Just follow the instructions... I didn't bother creating a .deb, so just scp those files somewhere on your N900 (like /opt/orp) and run /opt/orp/orpui directly through xterm or using ssh.
It works, but it seems that the rendering with the SDL is extremely CPU hungry so it's slower than bearable, not usable at all actually... The UI also needs some work. I had to disable the bitrate setting in the profile edition page, because it didn't fit in the resolution of the screen, and there was no scrollbar, so it was impossible to save the ip address of the ps3.
The input key bindings also need to be changed since they refer to non existing keys on the N900 keyboard (F1/F2/F3/F4/Escape/etc..). I tried to take a screencast, but it didn't work...
• Fixed Edit profile page height under Windows. Save, Delete, and Cancel buttons are now visible.
• Mouse motion events are now sent only while holding the ALT key down from within full-screen mode.
• Vastly improved full-screen mode. Scales video to desktop resolution, much faster and now works as expected under Windows.
• Added proper padding for audio/video packets. This fixes the random read access violation crashes under Windows.
• Switched to AVPacket structures in preparation for implementing proper audio/video synchronization (PTS/DTS).
For those unaware, Open Remote Play is a cross-platform API and player which enables PlayStation 3 owners remote access from their laptop or phones. It's been confirmed as working on Sony's latest PS3 Firmware 2.76 for those curious.
To quote: Open Remote Play v1.1; things you should know:
1. ORP v1.1 introduces game launching, video scaling (1.5x & 2x size), full screen mode, and many bug fixes.
2. The Mac version, awesome, absolutely awesome. Little bit of key lag... Not much.
3. Windows, well some of you may have...
You will need access to a hacked PSP to export the remote play settings. All that's included in the download package.
1. If you have not done so already, register your PSP with your PS3 for Remote Play.
2. Copy the ORP_Export folder (it's included) to your PSP under /PSP/GAME
3. Run Open Remote Play Export on your PSP. This will create a file on the memory stick called export.orp. Copy this file to your PC.
4. Run the ORP GUI and click on Import, locate and import export.orp. You will have to manually change the IP address of your PS3, by default it will be set to 0.0.0.0. I keep two profiles, one for local LAN and another for when I'm connecting from the Internet. You can create multiple profiles by simply changing the Name field and clicking Save.
5. Click Import again,...