To quote: "The story is similar to that of Gestalt, but the main character will have to save his little sister affected by an incurable illness named "Black Sentence Plague".
As he will progress in his quest he will find out more about the nature of the world and about the reasons why the demons inhabiting it have began to succumb to madness.
Both Nier Gestalt and Nier RepliCant will be released in 2010, developed by studio Cavia (Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles, Bullet Witch, Drakengard, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex...) and both will be officially shown at Tokyo Game show, respectively at Microsoft's and Sony's booths.
As a final juicy detail, on September the 18th the first trailer for Nier RepliCant will be aired...
208w ago - Square Enix has confirmed their line-up for the Electronic Entertainment Expo today, also confirming that our guesses of those two games were indeed correct.
Among the titles, Square is bringing along Final Fantasy XIII, Supreme Commander 2, Nier, Front Mission Evolved and more.
Nier and Front Mission Evolved are newly announced. Nier is that game that PlayStation: The Official Magazine's been teasing and Front Mission Evolved is the game that the Official Xbox Magazine's been teasing.
• Dissidia Final Fantasy - August 25, 2009 (PSP)
• Final Fantasy IV: The After Years - June 1, 2009 (WiiWare)
• Final Fantasy XIII - 2010 (PS3, 360)
• Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers - TBA (Wii)
• Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Dark Lord - 2009 (Wii)
• Front Mission Evolved - TBA (PS3, 360, PC)
• Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Fall 2009 (DS)
• Nier - 2010 (PS3, 360)
Order of War - Fall 2009 (PC)
• Supreme Commander 2 - 2010 (360, PC)
Here are your first E3 screenshots from Square as well.
Press Release: SQUARE ENIX TO SHOWCASE NEW DIRECTION AT E3 2009
With an Expansive Line-Up of FINAL FANTASY Games, the Company Announces New Portfolio of Games across...