- 2K Marin Lead Systems Designer James Clarendon
detailed the RPG influences of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified on PS3 to fans today.
To quote: Hi there! This is James Clarendon, Lead Systems Designer on The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. For those of you who want to get a head start on how to build and maintain your roster of agents, I'm here to provide some insight into how these systems work, and how you can maximize your strategies in the field.
As field agent William Carter, you take the role of squad commander, making important choices as to how you and your agents progress in their careers and achieve certain victory. Bringing low-ranking agents into a mission can easily spell disaster, so you've got to take the time to invest in and develop each squad member for the challenges ahead.
First, the basics: you can keep a roster of eight agents, and two of these will join you in the field to form your squad. There are four classes in The Bureau, each with unique capabilities:
• Commando - hits hard and uses direct abilities.
• Engineer - deploys traps; the lynchpin of tactical combat.
• Recon - eagle-eyed marksman best used at long range.
• Support - bolster's the squad's abilities and hampers enemies.
Each of these agents is hand-crafted...