247w ago - The latest release of RACE! PSP from akop includes state saving, and a test switch. The switch enables developer-level access to Card Fighters' Clash, Card Fighters' Clash 2, Dokodemo Mahjong, and possibly other games.
To enable the test switch/button, map it to any PSP button via the 'Control' tab -- it's unmapped by default. With regard to save state feature, I ask that you take its functionality with a grain of salt -- at least until more folks report how well it works.
268w ago - Ben Ingram has released NeoDS, a Neo-Geo AES/MVS emulator for the Nintendo DS. Although certain hardware features such as FM audio and raster effects are not fully emulated as of yet, compatibility is quite good and most titles have been reported to run at a playable speed with minimal to no slowdown.
Note that a DLDI compatible flash card is required. Additional installation and usage instructions can be found in the included readme file.
* M68000 cpu (cyclone)
* Z80 cpu (DrZ80)
* All forms of NeoGeo protection/encryption
* ADPCM audio
* PSG audio
* FM audio
* Raster effects
* Some timings are not that accurate
FM audio has already been done in jEnesisDS, so it is possible in theory. It will be hard to squeeze it into NeoDS, as both the ARM7 and ARM9 are pretty busy. But I will try. Most of the graphics in NeoDS are drawn with textured quads. Emulating raster effects using this method would require more polygons per frame than the DS is capable...
275w ago - RacePSP can now be added to the ever-expanding library of emulators for PSP. RacePSP, developed by Flavor, emulates both the original Neo-Geo Pocket (NGP) and Neo-Geo Pocket Color (NGPC) using SDL.
Keep in mind that this is the initial release. As such, the author notes that users might experience graphical and audio glitches with a select few ROMs.
Big Bang Pro Wrestling
- Graphics problem at the character select screen.
- Crush Roller appears to have some glitching in the "Collection" screen choosable from the game's main menu. The randomized things the creatures (that you've captured while playing the game) say are glitched sometimes in the collection screen; with odd solid blocks or discolored flipped/glitched text appearing in the speech bubble.
- The 'R' in "RECORD" and the 'C' in "CLEAR" get cut off
- Corrupted graphics on the intro as the characters scroll past Evangelion style.
- Glitches corrupt the intro scroll text.
Ganbare Neo Poke Kun
- When you win a Mini-Game in ganbare, there is a "3D" message "Congratulations"...