- Below is a work-in-progress (WIP) of PS3 3.60+ games booting on PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware (CFW) 3.55 and 3.41 without a dongle for those interested in experimenting further with it.
What you need ?
1- PS3 3.55 CFW Rebug or 3.55/3.41 with Debug
2- Debug Dev_Flash (Also allow to have the debug options on retail)
3- Backup of your own CFW DEV_Flash (make a dev_flash path on your USB Device)
4- A File Manager
5- EBOOT.BIN of your games (also from Paradox)
What you need to know
Rebug normal in Debug mode 2
- You need to put your PS3 in boot mode -> debugger mode (and not system software mode)
- We're gonna use the debugger mode to debug the self execution we don't need to have NPDRM, anyway the debugger don't know how to Debug the Self NPDRM
- Release mode -> Development mode
- All the content type configuration -> Development mode
Dongle uses modified sprx/modules/lib related to the Debug files to be loaded when you boot the PS3 on CFW.
Almost all the EBOOT Paradox don't have NPDRM -> it's a simple self (fake sign header) renamed to EBOOT.BIN (like i was explaining many times) -> call function to the debugger -> sprx/modules loader.
Let's do a small test...