4w ago - Sony Network Entertainment Social Media Manager Elina Chen shared a video today which introduces the Video Unlimited Service and Music Unlimited Service on PlayStation 4 below.
To quote: We know you're excited to get your hands on the PlayStation 4. We're just as excited to show off what's new when it comes to the Video Unlimited service and Music Unlimited service.
What's new on the Video Unlimited service:
• Faster start times and quicker navigation
• Access to over 200,000 movies and TV episodes
• Instant streaming of new purchases that accounts for bandwidth to minimize buffering
• Cloud storage of all new purchases, eliminating hard drive clutter
• Past purchases will soon be available through cloud storage
• Social features that show what your friends have watched and rated
What's new on the Music Unlimited service:
• Completely redesigned user interface
• Enhanced discoverability to help you navigate our vast library of 22 million tracks
• High quality audio streaming for every song
• System-level integration that lets you play songs from your playlists while playing games, accessible through the mini-player that appears...
26w ago - Sony PlayStation Store Director Grace Chen announced news of a Music Unlimited Service discount for PlayStation Plus Members today.
Below are the details, to quote: Just in time for summer, PlayStation Plus members can get a whole year's worth of music at a substantial discount.
Starting today for a limited time, a 12 month Premium subscription to the Music Unlimited service is just $41.99 for PS+ members - a discount of over 65 percent from the regular monthly price. Those who don't have a PS+ membership can also take advantage of a special rate of $59.99 for the 12 month Premium subscription.
As a Music Unlimited Premium subscriber, you'll have full access to every feature of our cloud-based music service and entire catalog of more than 20 million songs that can be streamed across multiple devices, including: PS3, PS Vita, PSP, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPod, Android smartphone and tablets, and more. Other feature Premium features include
• Synchronization of your music across multiple devices for a consistent experience.
• Access to an extensive, always growing global catalog that currently features over 20 million tracks.
• Offline playback so that you can always listen to your music, even when you're not connected to a network.
65w ago - Sony's Greg Belloni has announced today news regarding the integration of their Music Unlimited service with Bravia TVs.
Below are the details, to quote: If you own one of Sony's 2012 BRAVIA TVs, you'll be able to quickly and easily answer the following question: "Who sings that song?"
2012 Bravia TVs will feature Sony TrackID, allowing viewers to, with a push of a button, identify any song that's being played during a TV program they're watching.
By using Gracenote's advanced audio fingerprinting, Sony TrackID will show the song name and artist information for music played during TV shows, movies and even commercials.
Even better? After identifying the song that's being played, viewers will see direct links to the songs and/or artists on the Music Unlimited service, where listeners can listen to the whole song or more from that band or artist.
This is just one of the ways we're continuing to bring the Music Unlimited service to subscribers across a host of connected devices. Find out more here.
73w ago - Sony's Greg Belloni has announced today news of new features coming to the Music Unlimited Service Android Mobile and Tablet applications!
To quote: The Music Unlimited service Android smartphone and tablet applications received updates today and we're sure you're going to love the new great features!
For tablet users, the Music Unlimited service Android tablet app update (V1.4) delivers Offline Playback, giving users the ability to enjoy music even when a 3G or Wi-Fi connection isn't available, or when they want to conserve battery life or curb data usage.
If you're a subscriber to the Music Unlimited service and want to enable offline playback on your Android tablet, simply update your app to v1.4 through the Google Play market, restart the app, and follow these simple steps:
• Go to My Library > Playlists
• Tap the Options button for the playlist you want to have available offline
• Select "Available Offline"
The playlist will begin downloading and the icon will change from spinning green arrows to a solid green image when all the songs in that playlist have been downloaded. Depending on your Internet connection speed, the download may take a bit of time, so please be patient.
Once your playlist has finished downloading, just...
81w ago - Today Sony's Greg Belloni has officially introduced the Music Unlimited Service for iPhone and iPod Touch users with details below, as follows:
You love the Music Unlimited service because you can access your music across multiple devices - from listening at home on your PS3, at work via the PC app, traveling with PS Vita or your Android tablet.
But you're an iPhone user and you want that all-access pass without bringing along another device.
Well, get ready: the Music Unlimited service app for iPhone and iPod touch is set for release to the Apple App Store this coming Friday, May 25, 2012!
The free app will let you access the Music Unlimited service's cloud library of millions of songs and browse new releases, get recommendations, view top songs and more.
Users of the Music Unlimited service will be able to access their entire library as well as playlists and Basic and Premium channels. You'll find helpful recommendations throughout the app, both on the Home screen and in an artist's Discography, which displays "More Like This" suggestions.
Installing the app is easy:
• On Friday, launch the Apple App Store then type "Music Unlimited" in the search box.
• Tap the "Install" button and provide your iTunes account...