238w ago - Zx-81 has updated PSPMSX today, a MSX and MSX2 series emulator for PSP. Now compatible with PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33, version 1.4.1 features several enhancements and bug fixes, including a built-in text editor that allows users to save digital notes per game.
- Finally fix issue with "Home - Exit" !
- Text editor to write your own comments on games
- Display first comment line while browsing game files
- Digital pad is now usable in file requester
even when danzeff keyboard is displayed
- Fix inconsistency between zip rom file names and save game name.
- Improve cheat menu & memory monitoring engine
- Text editor to modify the global cheat.txt file
- Tested on new FW 5x-M33
- Bug fix in unzip function (if you tried to unzip more than 10 files, it wasn't able to open any other files, and you had to restart the emulator)
- Add option to disable auto fire in settings menu
256w ago - Uberjack has released a minor update to fMSX, an MSX series emulator for the PSP designed to run both MSX and MSX2 cartridge files.
In addition to several game-specific bug fixes, version 3.5.35 adds the ability to map any button to the emulator's fast forward function. Additionally, for developers, custom mapper types can now be directly embedded in source code.
* Bugfix - many games, especially MegaROM games did not load correctly in the previous version (thanks Victor)
* Added Fast Forward button mapping - while disabled by default, you can map any button to fast-forward emulation in the Controls menu
* Custom mapper types can now be embedded in source code. This version includes built-in support for Zanac Ex and Mon Mon Monster. Contact me if you'd like to add additional mappings.
* Games/applications that require MSX Audio/MSX Music will no longer crash the emulator if either is disabled in System settings - there will simply be no Y2413/YM8950 audio (PSG and SCC will still render as usual, however)
* ROM type settings are now saved between sessions - up to 500 different ROM's can be tracked by CRC32 value. This adds a slight loading delay when the emulator starts up, as well as a saving delay when the emulator exits (if any changes are made during the session)
The author notes that the aforementioned feature is still experimental and is welcoming any feedback that users may have.
- Corrected MSX Music/MSX Audio labeling in System settings
- MSX Music now correctly refers to FMPAC/YM2413 chip; MSX Audio refers to Y8950 chip. If the emulator was previously freezing with FMPAC audio, double-check to make sure MSX Music is enabled (disable MSX Audio to gain some extra speed) and try again.
260w ago - Zx-81 has released an update to PSPMSX, a MSX and MSX2 series emulator for PSP. Now at version 1.3.0, PSPMSX features support for loading disk images compressed in the space saving GZip format.
In addition to the usual bug fixes, other changes include support for thumbnail images to allow easy recognition of game titles.
* Add gzipped disk file support to reduce disk file size from 700k to 50k!
(you may gzip original dsk file using 7-zip available at www.7-zip.org)
* Add MSX EBOOT music (thanks to Konami )
* A thumbnail image is now displayed in the file requester
while selecting any file with the same name of a previously
saved game (ROM, disk, keyboard, settings).
It might be very helpful to recognize that game later if you
have thousand different games in your disk and ROM folders!
* In the emulator menu you can go directly to keyboard and settings
menus using the L-Trigger key.
* Fix IR keyboard issue with firmware >= 3.80 for FAT PSP
* Fix random black screen...