100w ago - Today PlayStation 3 developer Ole has released CDG Player r1 with source code for the PS3, which is a simple program compiled by the PSL1GHT SDK and libraries that plays MP3 files and displays graphics stored in CDG files (the format is used in many karaoke disks).
241w ago - And now we come to the final part of our show, wherein you asked questions, and we put them to Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime, and he answered.
First up came a question regarding region locks on the Nintendo DSi handhelds. And Reggie's answer? "To be honest I don't know for sure, I will look into it." He added that he thinks that the device will be region locked, purely on the fact that the downloads for the system are region based.
Man, I am going to be so damn disappointed if I can't play my copy of Tingle's Balloon Fight on there. Especially after the trouble I went to to get it!
Nintendo has said they will look into it for us, so we'll keep on it sometime in the coming weeks.
Another question was a simple one: The DSi can play music, so can it play MP3s? And the answer is "no, it plays the AAC format. It's an easy conversion."
That may be true, but let's face it, MP3s have the run of society; are people going to be eager to have to switch their music before loading it to the DSi?
269w ago - Sakya has updated LightMP3 today, a lightweight audio player designed to save the PSP's battery life while you playback a variety of digital music formats; including MP3, FLAC, ATRAC3+, and OGG Vorbis.
The latest release features a number of improvements and bug fixes. As always, check below for the complete changelog.
* libMAD is now streamed, no more file size limit (based on Ghoti MusicEngine.c in pspStacklessPython).
* Added FFWD and REW to libMAD
* Added volume boost to ATRAC3/ATRAC3+ format.
* Added volume boost to MP3 format via Media Engine.
* Added "Browse dy rating" in Media Library
* Added: Coverart from folder.jpg and albumTitle.jpg
* Fixed: USB connection
* Fixed button autorepeat time.
* Fixed numerous crashes (hopefully!)
* Fixed minor bugs...probably...I don't remember :P
272w ago - Sakya has issued an update to LightMP3, a lightweight audio player for the PSP. In addition to the usual bug fixes, Alpha 4 features shuffle and repeat playback modes, support for the PSP's remote control peripheral, and an increased playlist limit - up to 3000 entries can now be saved per playlist.
* Playlist limit raised to 3000 tracks
* Added support for remote control (untested, my remote is broken)
* Fixed many crashes caused by ID3v2 tag reading (mostly cover art)
* Added support for png file for ID3v2's cover art
* In the Media Library you can now enter a selection, play it or add it to the current playlist (please refer to the README for controls)
* Fixed Shuffle
* Added Shuffle/Repeat play mode
* Faster opening of MP3 file.
273w ago - Sakya has updated his lightweight audio player for PSP today, known as LightMP3. This update builds upon the extensive list of changes made in the initial Alpha release, featuring various bug fixes, automatic cover art retrieval from ID3v2 tags, and support for FLAC encoded audio files.