84w ago - On this beautiful weekend PlayStation 3 hacker Hero Q8 has managed to unlock all of the Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (USA) PS3 downloadable content (DLC) for Kmeaw and Rebug Custom Firmware users via PKG file!
149w ago - Capcom PR Manager Wes Phillips has shared a video today highlighting EVO fighting game masters battle it out with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on Sony's PS3 entertainment system.
To quote: This is a big weekend for fighting game fans, as the world's best descend upon Caesars Palace in Las Vegas for the EVO 2010 World Fighting Finals this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Thousands of contestants from over 30 countries will battle it out for fame, glory and cash in Super Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter II HD Remix, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and a couple non-Capcom games... Tekken 6 and Melty Blood: Actress Again.
Registration for the event is officially closed, but that doesn't mean you can't get a piece of the action. If you can make the trip to Las Vegas, admission to watch the event is free.
We'll also have the E3 build of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 available to play on PlayStation 3 for anyone who shows up! This will be the first time the game is playable for the general public.
Did I mention that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 just won Best...
161w ago - Capcom's Product Marketing Manager John Diamonon has revealed a brand new PS3 trailer video today for the upcoming title Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.
Although details are scarce at the moment, it is confirmed to be hitting Sony's PlayStation 3 entertainment system in Spring, 2011.
Here's what we know so far:
• Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, now comes to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, bringing beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
• Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved battle system takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!
• 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team and use Assist Attacks and each character's special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
• Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a "moving comic" style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.
170w ago - Today Capcom's John Diamonon has revealed that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is now 50% off on PSN, and announced news of a PS3 comment contest on the PlayStation Blog.
To quote: I'm glad to finally make my return to the PS.Blog, bearing Capcom gifts and good news. It's been too long my friends.
But before we get to another infamous comment contest, I have something cool to announce. Starting tomorrow (2/18), we will be discounting some of our popular PSN downloadable games by 50%. That's right. Five weeks. One game a week. Fifty percent off!
Here's the sale schedule:
• February 18, 2010 - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for only $7.49!
• February 25, 2010 - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for only $7.49!
• March 4, 2010 - Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for only $4.99!
• March 11, 2010 - Age of Booty for only $4.99!
• March 18, 2010 - 1942: Joint Strike for only $4.99!
What a deal huh? You better jump on this because who knows when we'll be able to do this again.
Now back to the contest! Here's the drill: Jeff and Chris assure me that the Blog is now "John D-proof," so that means I can get back to rewarding our most...
200w ago - Following up on the recent revelation that its re-release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will hit Xbox 360 on July 29, Capcom today announced that PlayStation 3 edition of the downloadable fighter won't arrive until August 13- two weeks and one day later.
To quote: No reason was provided for the later release, though we're checking in for details.
Based on the Dreamcast edition of Capcom's cult classic crossover fighter, and enhanced with online play and visual options by Backbone, MvC2 will sell for $15.