144w ago - Today Monstruous of The Monster Team has released a PSP Custom Firmware M33 Mod dubbed 5.00 MON, and similar to the previous PSP M33 CFW Mod this one allows users to run newer PSP games and access the PSN store.
To quote from the ReadMe File: "This mod can be installed if your firmware version is lower or the same than 5.00 M33.
This mod (5.00 MON - renamed to this for don't make confusion) allows you to run new games (includes m33_620.prx by torky) and to access to the store (psnlover).
• Copy UPDATE folder to PSP/GAME.
• Download official 5.00 eboot firmware by Sony and put it on PSP/GAME/UPDATE renamed to 500.PBP.
• Run the app.
NOTE: Your battery must be higher than 78% for install this mod!!
NOTE2: If the mod doesn't run, try to run it again.
NOTE3: If the acceptation of our apps is good, we probably will release more apps."
155w ago - A few recent PSP homebrew updates on this Memorial Day weekend include both a PSP M33 6.20 PRX Plug-In BETA by Torky via PSPKing.de (linked above) and Multi Game Patcher v1 by flofrucht along with a Naruto 3 PSP Patch Plug-In for Sony's PlayStation Portable handheld.
To quote from alexking, roughly translated: "The coder Torky has today released a plugin which enables it to you, the games to date, only one original firmware as of 6:20 were run, to play on a custom firmware.
The plugin is yet in its infancy and therefore must be tested. But according to various posts here prove Forum, it was confirmed that this plugin works with many new games.
According to the developer plugin also works well on the still ever-popular Firmware 5.00 M33-6, Custom Firmware Dark_Alex Creator."
• Copy the plugin into SEPLUGINS
• In game.txt add the line "ms0:/seplugins/m33_620.prx 1"
• USB into flash0/vsh/etc and edit version.txt to "release:6.20"
• In the recovery menu, make sure "use version.txt"...
226w ago - Sony PSP hacker Dark_AleX has updated his M33 Custom Firmware today to M33-6. This update addresses a Memory Stick issue, and the included fat_comparison.html compares the speed of each driver.
- Speed selected for umd/iso was not properly locked in some new games that used scePower_EBD177D6 instead of scePowerSetClockFrequency to change speed.
- UMD/ISO speed settings now apply to PSN games too.
- Fixed libupdown.prx connecting to dark-alex.org instead of sony when npsignin_plugin checks for a new version and m33 update is enabled.
- Iso file descriptor was not closed in driver deletion
- Added a shutdown command to vshmenu.