116w ago - Today Sony VP of Product Marketing Scott Steinberg has shared another PlayStation 3 promotional video featuring Kevin Bulter and Joe Mauer dubbed It Only Does Major League Hits.
To quote: Spring training is officially in full swing. In less than a month fans will begin packing stadiums around the country, clamoring for sunflower seeds, popcorn, hot dogs and refreshments - ready to cheer their team on with big dreams of bringing home a pennant in 2011.
If you can't make it to spring training and are already counting down the days until the official first pitch is thrown, then you're in luck. In less than a week, the number one selling, highest rated baseball franchise exclusive to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable returns when MLB 11 The Show hits stores nationwide.
Now baseball fans everywhere will have the chance to hone their skills and get in the game a little early this season. In preparation, Kevin Butler is back, challenging Twins All-Star catcher, Joe Mauer, to a battle at the plate.
You've heard us say it before, but this year truly marks some exciting updates for the franchise. MLB 11 The Show takes this fan favorite to the next level by providing you with multiple choices when it...
161w ago - PlayStation Store Senior Manager Grace Chen has announced news of a new way to watch Major League Baseball on PS3, namely the MLB TV application which goes live today on PSN!
To quote: I'm excited to show everyone the new MLB.TV application for the PS3 that will be available from PlayStation Network, in both U.S. and Canada, later today.
This app allows MLB.TV subscribers to watch every regular season game live in HD (local blackout restrictions do apply), with tons of new interactive features designed exclusively for PSN.
Some of the unique interactive features that we show in the demo include:
• MLB Scoreboard - See a schedule of today's games (and set options to control whether or not you see the scores)
• Home and Away Feeds - Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed
• HD quality video and DVR functionality - watch a live game in HD (with Live Game DVR functionality that lets you pause and rewind live games of fast-forward back to live game action)
• Season Archive - Want to re-live a great moment? Go back and watch games you've missed from earlier in the season.
• Scrollable Linescore - Go directly to any half-inning to watch only...
243w ago - Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) announced today the development of Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition for Sony PlayStation¬®2, by leading games developer Sidhe Interactive.
The game builds on the highly successful 2005 release of Rugby League 2, bringing updated and new content in time for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.
Press Release: "Rugby League 2 was a massive success and gamers had been asking for an updated version for a long time," said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES."By working with Sidhe to deliver a new version of the game, with updated features, and rosters, we're giving the fans what they want on the platform they want it most."
Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition includes a host of features and new updates for Rugby fans including:
- All New World Cup Mode
- Squad and Jersey updates for the 2008 NRL, Super League and World Cup International Teams
- Addition of new NRL franchise the Gold Coast Titans including player likenesses
- Stadia updates and five new stadia including Skilled Park (Gold Coast), Browne Park (Rockhampton, QLD), New Craven Park (UK), Twickenham Stoop (UK) and Stade Gilbert Brutus (France)
- New in-game cut scenes
- New Twilight NRL Grand Final Stadia
256w ago - Whilst conducting a recent interview, two senior Treyarch developers (who are currently working on COD: World At War), completely laid into rival development team Gearbox, creators of upcoming WWII shooter, Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway.
When asked whether they thought Hell's Highway offered any competition to the team, one senior developer blasted "We don't even think about them. Like... that's not the kind of game. They are not a game we even think about when we're playing."
The developer also went on to say "I watched the trailer and I was like these guys are not even in the same league."
Wow, very strong words indeed from Treyarch, let's hope the developers can back it up and COD: World At War proves to be a triple A title.