115w ago - Today the Killzone 3 PS3 patch v1.04 update has gone live via PSN, which includes several bug fixes detailed below courtesy of Guerrilla Games alongside some new features for PlayStation 3 gamers to take advantage of.
To quote: CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY
• Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
• Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
• Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
• Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
• Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
• Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
• Performance - Improvements to party creation server load
• Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
• Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
• Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
• Menu - Single click squad...
118w ago - Guerrilla Games Managing Director Hermen Hulst has posted up the explosive Killzone 3 PS3 launch trailer today, with details as follows:
It is my pleasure to announce that Killzone 3 is out in stores this week. After two years of hard work by the talented developers at Guerrilla, we are thrilled to bring you the most intensely immersive first-person action game the PlayStation 3 has ever seen.
Killzone 3 has become a true showcase piece for the PlayStation 3, making full use of its considerable capabilities - including stereoscopic 3D and PlayStation Move compatibility. And with support for the PlayStation Move sharp shooter, Killzone 3 is accessible to experienced and casual players alike.
I would like to take a moment to extend my gratitude to the fans in the Killzone community, who have supported and cheered us on over the course of Killzone 3′s development, and to everyone who participated in the online multiplayer beta trials, for helping us make Killzone 3 the best game possible.
We hope you enjoy it, and we look forward to seeing you in Killzone 3′s online multiplayer mode. Now, without further ado - go out and buy it!
118w ago - Sony's Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez has shared a video unveiling the first unboxing of Killzone 3 Helghast Edition for the PS3 entertainment system today.
To quote: Everyone knows that Killzone 3 slams onto the PS3 on February 22nd. But what of the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition?
What of its mysteries? We decided to let a familiar face plunge in and reveal the contents. Remember: This is your last weekend to pre-order!
Inside the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, you'll find:
• Killzone 3 on Blu-ray Disc
• Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
• Super Voucher, which provides:
- Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 Dynamic Theme
- Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular multiplayer maps from Killzone 2
- Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
- Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
• Authentic Helghast Helmet replica, which opens to reveal the art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game.
• Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure by DC Unlimited, which is 6.5" tall with multiple articulation points. It won't be sold at retail!
119w ago - Sony PlayStation 3 Marketing Manager Kim Nguyen has unveiled a new PS3 160GB Killzone 3 bundle today, which is slated to hit retailers on February 22, 2011.
To quote: We know you're anxiously awaiting the release of Killzone 3, and now you can join the war against the Helghast with a Limited Edition PS3 160GB Killzone 3 Bundle. For those of you who are still on the fence and just waiting for the reason to buy a PS3, now is the time.
Already own a PS3? Convince your buddies to buy the bundle so you can both play some of the most extensive multiplayer experiences on a first-person shooter. The Killzone 3 bundle includes the 160GB PS3 system as well as a copy of Killzone 3 - all launching February 22 for $299.99 (MSRP).
As you know, Killzone 3 is the next installment of the Killzone franchise, with levels 10 times the size of Killzone 2. You can expect an intense single-player campaign and as mentioned above, extensive multiplayer mode, utilizing new weapons and vehicles.
To bring your gaming experience to a higher and more immersive level, play Killzone 3 with PlayStation Move sharp shooter. It combines the precision of PlayStation Move with a streamlined design that enables you to execute highly precise shots, while comfortably maneuvering your on-screen character. With...
119w ago - Guerrilla Games Producer Aryeh Loeb has shared a Killzone 3 PS3 video today spotlighting the MAWLR Graveyard and Meet the Medic.
To quote: Here's a look at a previously unrevealed Killzone 3 multiplayer map, MP7 MAWLR Graveyard. The MAWLR Graveyard is located on one of the few remaining active scrap yards near Pyrrhus, known as the Sukmere Pit.
An intricate conveyor system runs throughout this vital processing facility, transferring detritus from the southernmost pit to the train station and crusher in the north.
Many a careless worker has died trying to cross the yard when the crusher is active, and a lot of players will likely suffer the same fate... Or, when they're in control of the crusher, use its power against their opponents.
As you can tell from the video, the Field Medic is a powerful asset to his team. His primary ability is to revive fallen teammates, but in addition to keeping them on the battlefield, he can also grant them additional health and ammo after revival.
A fully upgraded Field Medic can call on the aid of a Medi-Droid that will hover near the Field Medic and provide cover while he revives other players. He can even attain the ability to stand up after getting fatally wounded - a...