105w ago - Following not far behind the v1.09 Patch, today KillZone 3 PS3 Patch version 1.10 has been released which includes Custom Game Options.
From the official site, to quote on the KZ3 v1.10 changes:
• Custom Games, Part 2. Additional information can be found at the bottom of the article, but it will include: choosing abilities, weapons and careers, as well as toggling functionality such as ribbons, skills and explosives.
• Squad Only Chat. This is still an experimental feature and may not always function as expected.
• Playing Audio/Music from your PS3 during MP games.
• Marksman Improvements:
- Cloak rippling effect has been increased.
- Cloak now ripples with increased intensity when firing non silenced weapons.
- Transition from uncloaked to cloaked has been extended.
- A cloak fade transition between moving and not-moving has been introduced (player no longer snaps out of view).
• Distance Indicator for off-screen medics.
• Matchmaking. We will now make players switch faction automatically at the end of a round if teams...
107w ago - Today Killzone 3 PS3 patch version 1.09 has been released, and although the changelog (below) contains many fixes the update's EBOOT.BIN game executable is also encrypted with 3.60 Firmware PS3 Keys meaning those who update won't be able to run it on PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware.
If you are running PS3 CFW and remain on the Killzone (BCES-01007) 1.08 patch or below you will still be able to play the game fine though.
Below is the Killzone 3 PS3 Patch 1.09 changelog from Guerrilla Games PlayStation 3 Developer LevTrin12, to quote:
• Added Colour blind support - When turned 'On' all enemy players and objects will be underlined. This is the case for the minimap and in-game, such as player names.
• Frozen Dam - Operations - The first mission in is now 6 minutes again
• Move - Fixed continuous rumble when the PlayStation Eye camera connected
• Move - When interacting with a Search &...
119w ago - Today the Killzone 3 PS3 patch v1.04 update has gone live via PSN, which includes several bug fixes detailed below courtesy of Guerrilla Games alongside some new features for PlayStation 3 gamers to take advantage of.
To quote: CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY
• Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
• Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
• Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
• Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
• Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
• Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
• Performance - Improvements to party creation server load
• Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
• Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
• Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
• Menu - Single click squad...
217w ago - To follow up on the previous Killzone 2 v1.24 patch details and their trailer from earlier today, Guerrilla Games Lead Online Game Designer Eric Boltjes shared the following update:
In a continuing effort to provide support for Killzone 2 Online, and to show you day-1 fans of Killzone that we mean business, we are very happy to announce the upcoming 1.24 patch.
This patch is the biggest one yet, and addresses a large number of reported issues, exploits and bugs - but it also adds new functionality to the game for you to enjoy!
I would like to highlight the fact that we are adding 3 new ranks to the game, reached at 5000, 10000 and 100000 points respectively. These ranks do not give any rewards but it allows the real hardcore players to show off their hard work to everyone in-game!
Other highlights include a new 17-24 player search game filter, enlarged HUD radar distance and a much requested "Join Clan Member" tab in the join game screen. The patch also allows you to play against the next batch of contenders: Japan, who will be able to buy their copies of Killzone...
218w ago - Today motherh666 of the official PlayStation boards (linked above) has shared Guerrilla Games Producer Seb Downie's Killzone 2 PS3 Patch 1.24 (57MB) details as follows:
On April 22nd at 8AM GMT, Guerrilla Games will release the next game update to their hit First Person Shooter Killzone 2, exclusive for the PlayStation 3.
The primary main aim of patch 1.24 is to enable the released versions of the game to play with Japanese release due on the 23rd of April 2009.
It also enables support for the first DLC pack - "Steel and Titanium" available on the Playstation¬®Store from the 30th of April 2009 and we have added three additional ranks to the top-end of the rankings known as 'Hardcore ranks'.
There are also some minor improvements on finding and joining friends and clan member, but we will continue to improve on the system with the next update.
The patch is 57MB large and a full list of fixes and feature updates are below:
• AI - Bots now skipping disabled/destroyed MGs in warzone when requesting mounted guns.
• AI - Do not claim waypoints for the previous character when it's dead.
• AI - Fixes bots getting stuck trying to arm/disarm S&D object when mission is already over.
• Campaign - Fix for potential...