- Just over a week ago SKFU reported
on PS3 Custom Firmware, and today Spanish PS3 developer JaicraB
has made it a reality and released a PS3 PS3 USB Custom Firmware Loader!
Download: PS3 USB Custom Firmware Loader v0.2
To quote from his site (linked above), roughly translated:
"This program allows to simulate the dev_flash from USB. Allowing a Custom Firmware. We may modify the files of our new dev_flash (USB) as we please, without running the risk of throwing away the PS3.
It is a beta version, probably find bugs. I will continue working on it when time permits me. Remember that suffers no risk to the console. All that is changed the new dev_flash'll be doing really USB.
• Syscall PEEK and POKE.
1. Copy the "FTP server" the entire contents of the / dev_flash the USB (the root).
2. Copy the JaiC_USB_FIRM_LOADER.pkg also the root of the USB.
3. Install the package.
1. Insert the USB into the PS3.
2. Run USB LOADER FIRM. After a few seconds will return to the XMB. The new firmare is loaded.