208w ago - Recently SKFU shared some details on a PC / PS3 Messenger project in development, and over the weekend he has also theorized on some other untapped potential via the PS3's XMB (Cross Media Bar) interface.
To quote: The XMB is a nice core for a lot of features but why are they not unlocked yet? To mention a few examples:
Selfmade Widgets The PS3 uses a widget engine based on open source for the information board. So why not give us the ability to load our own homebrew widget's from external mediums or install them like themes? As they mostly use XML and flash files it wouldn't even compromise PS3's security.
Music Visualizations The PSP has a lot of them, the PS3 only three. Next-Gen multimedia entertainment? Not really, yet.
Universal Messenger The PSP can use Skype, why not the PS3? The PS3's messaging system is based on Jabber. It would be very simple to allow the PS3 to communicate with iCQ, Google Talk and other instant messenger protocols.
Open File Transfer Why can we only send pictures with size limitation via the PSN while we would more like to send music files or savegames. If that uses to much ressources like traffic,...
* Added support for WiFi plugins.
* Added support for Hook plugins. (Video and Audio only)
* Added support for SSE extension.
* Added support for Expansion Ram.(Supercard)
* Added support for multisample.(OpenGL PlugIn,sorry but i haven't tested)
* Added support Async Operation.(OpenGL PlugIn)
* Added support fo MASTER_BRIGHT register.
* Fixed a bug in RSC and RSCS arm opcodes.
* Fixed a bug in Touch Position detect.
* Fixed some bugs in SaveStates management.
* Fixed some bugs in PlugIns management.
* Fixed bug in enable/disable alpha test.
* Fixed bug in textures with format == 0.
* Various speeds up.
...and other small improvements.
Audio Plugin 220.127.116.11
* Added Append option.(For slow computers)
WiFi Plugin 18.104.22.168
First release of this plugin, still unstable. I have tried the examples of the PALIB and they seem to work everybody.
For now it is everything.